Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

So I want to place a order for some English Orpington chicks but can't afford to get 8 of them. The person also has Ameracuanas and Marans. If your interested PM me please and I will tell you more and who they are.

I sure hope your Lav Orpington eggs don't look like this, they need to some color of tan or light brown.

Mine didn't come from him but I have purchased many orpingtons from him none of which are laying yet. Her egg seems to be awfully blue for even an Easter egger. Very strange. :)

I know the guy you are talking about, he is a nice person. But nope they don't lay that color. I was hopping with the picture it would show the comb better. She's a keeper for sure with what she went through.

Heres her comb. If youd like a better pic I can use my dslr. This is just from my phone lol

Quote: @Zgoatlady , @adrianapost , Not a Lav Orp for sure. The man may get the occasional blue or green egg - perhaps he unknowingly got something mixed in a few generations back. The Lavs I have seen "usually have paler legs or yellow ones. She's a pretty girl though. I have some Lavender Ameraucana chicks, look similar in colour, but face is different (pea comb, and muff/beard) and legs are dark like that.

I sent you a PM!!

I actually just bought 14 eggs yesterday and theyre in the bator! So I cant have anymore right now! Were looking at another house with 10acres in enumclaw tomorrow so hopefully it all works out! The market is unbelievable. We keep being outbid lol. When we move ill be in the market for a bout 100-200!

Heres a pic of my lav orpington amd barnevelder. I went to the guys property and saw his birds. Hes the real deal. I just texted him and he said they are a brown egg layer but a very rare bunch will lay green eggs. So I got a very rare lavender orp? Lol. Sorry shes not too pretty... I came outside a few months ago and found my dog chewing on her. I thought she was gonna die but shes my survivor and healing great!
[/URL]

Did you mean that dark feathered chicken in the background is your Barneveldor? If so, I think there is a mistake. It looks more like an EE than a Barnie. Here's a picture of my Barnie (from about 18 months ago when she was looking pretty rough) But you can see the coloring is much different. If I had to guess, I'd think it was the dark girl laying the green egg.
hu.gif

click to enlarge

@Zgoatlady
, @adrianapost
, Not a Lav Orp for sure. The man may get the occasional blue or green egg - perhaps he unknowingly got something mixed in a few generations back. The Lavs I have seen "usually have paler legs or yellow ones. She's a pretty girl though. I have some Lavender Ameraucana chicks, look similar in colour, but face is different (pea comb, and muff/beard) and legs are dark like that.

That's what I was thinking too.

Heres a pic of my lav orpington amd barnevelder. I went to the guys property and saw his birds. Hes the real deal. I just texted him and he said they are a brown egg layer but a very rare bunch will lay green eggs. So I got a very rare lavender orp? Lol. Sorry shes not too pretty... I came outside a few months ago and found my dog chewing on her. I thought she was gonna die but shes my survivor and healing great!
[/URL]

Did you mean that dark feathered chicken in the background is your Barneveldor? If so, I think there is a mistake. It looks more like an EE than a Barnie. Here's a picture of my Barnie (from about 18 months ago when she was looking pretty rough) But you can see the coloring is much different. If I had to guess, I'd think it was the dark girl laying the green egg.
hu.gif

click to enlarge

Carolyn is right, the bird in the back is in no way a Barnvelder. Has the pea comb that is so common in "Easter Eggers" too. That's your colored egg layer.

Back
Top Bottom