Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Thanks for the responses so far. I am really hoping to help this teacher out. She lives in southern Seattle, near Renton. Any nearby Backyarders that can help her with some fertile eggs? Breed is not important...
Thanks!
Alexander
I have blue and green mutt eggs EExBCMx? which so far have been 100% fertile. I'm in Shelton, can take them to Olympia if someone heading north can meet me there.

I have a hen that rejected some of the chicks I gave her. They were fine the first day, the second day she decided she didn't want those two near her.

So I have two California Greys that I really don't want inside. They are from the feed store and supposed to be sexed pullets. They will lay white eggs. They are free to anyone who would like to come get them. I can meet some of the way. I'm in Graham.

Thank you so much for the babies, They made it home safe, and are already scratching their food out of the bowl happy as can be.

Hello, I don't know of I posted this here yet or not so sorry if I did. I have a few Blue Laced Red Wyandotte cockerels (8 weeks) that need new homes. I have a couple splash and a couple black. I am an hour from Spokane and could Meet if someone is interested. Please private message me if you are.

Hello, I don't know of I posted this here yet or not so sorry if I did. I have a few Blue Laced Red Wyandotte cockerels (8 weeks) that need new homes. I have a couple splash and a couple black. I am an hour from Spokane and could Meet if someone is interested. Please private message me if you are.
Sure wish I was closer to ready for birds..... I'd meet you in a heartbeat......

Dave

Thanks Lutefisk!
Is it possible there is anyone traveling between Olympia and Southern Seattle early next month?
does this teacher need the eggs on a particular date or date range? If so I can check with friends or possibly schedule a trip up that way myself.

A sad note, for anyone wishing to understand more about the devastating slide between Arlington and Darrington can go to U-Tube and look for the 530 slide video, put up by the Sheriff's department. The Komo story is one of the most comprehensive.

The garden coop from http://www.thegardencoop.com
I think it'll be fine - there are generous overhangs to keep out most of the rain. But thought it's best to ask from anyone who has been there done that :)

I used their plans with some modifications for the size we wanted & materials on had, plus we added vents. I guess I should say we started out using thier plans, but the end result is we survived, I love it & the chickens love it! Did some modifications laster to move the external nesting boxes from inside the coop to be more external boxes coming off underneath the coop, in order to add more and so the grandkids could reach the eggs better.

Back
Top Bottom