Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hey CL is the house done yet????? Question for ya. My Mottled Java went broody yesterday. is 9 days too early to put chicks under her. she was broody in July 2012 and again last Sept. I put chicks under her after 20 days last time. One of the feeds store has the 3 breeds I want on the 25th of this month

Have you noticed a difference in the quality of the eggs with S&P and some of the others?  Honestly, the non-GMO/soy free is the most important to me, but I'd prefer organic.
not really a difference in the eggs but since our hens are free range feed is not the main part of their diet, and I could probably feed them crap feed and their eggs would still be awesome. Mainly I get organic/non GMO for economic and environmental reasons.

If you are in King county or north Pierce you can look at getting a cat from South County Cats. They take in "ferals" but some of them are totally tame and need a new barn type home to live in. You can find them on Petfinder. We have four indoor/outdoor cats on our farm that have pretty much eradicated the rat and mouse problems that existed before we moved in. We also have one feral tom cat that was just neutered by South county cats. It is nice knowing I don't have to worry about rats chewing on the hen's feet or getting into their feed. The cats bring home a jumping mouse from time to time, but I'm pretty sure they are getting them in the woods behind the house.

Quote: Everything I read online about hat it treats said that it does treat tapeworms but just not effective for treating dipylidium caninum(flea tapeworms), but I didn't figure this would be a problem because those worms affect only canines and felines. I double checked on the Merck veterinary manual and it said nothing about those affecting birds. So would it still work for effectively treating what parasites a chicken would have?

Here's something from the University of Maryland Dept of Agriculture that might help since I'm no expert. Link Here

Help?

I have not posted in a long time, but I am looking or some help. My job, which I love, is going to change where I have to start going into the office full time vs. telecommuting. My ladies have enjoyed being in the backyard full-time with me being home with them keeping an eye.

Now that I am going to be gone, I know I will not give them the time they need.

I want to find a home for them that can enjoy them. I have three EEs and one white Plymouth Rock.

Two EEs are about 18mos. and the white rock is 3 or 4 and still laying and the last EE is 4.5 yrs. All are laying, although my oldest EE is not everyday.

I have a waterer and feeder that will go with them. Everything is free to a good home.

I am located in Westend Tacoma. PM me if you are interested.

Recall on Purina feed :http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm393549.htm

I have a bag of the recalled feed - these feeds were distributed to Washington and Oregon feed stores
he.gif

Edit to add: After checking with my local feed store this morning - my bag is the same LOT but different DATE than the recall. Whew!

Thank you for posting this! I had to check my bag. The brand & item were a match, but mine came from a different lot.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom