Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

gig.gif

NO TRADE !
Trying to eliminate some good 1 year old layers, all culls from my breeding programs.
Perfectly good layers, just not up to the standard.
Most now are wanna be French Silver Cuckoo Marans.

And my 350 egg incubator is about 3/4 full, and we will be infested with Peking duckling soon...$5 any more I had better post on the for sale thread.

Oh, stop. You may as well trade. We all know that the universal laws of chicken math will assure that if you simply get rid of one, you will end up with three extras from whatever possible random course of events that the poultry fates might diabolically devise. If you do a straight trade, the odds are 50/50 that the receiving party might be the multiplier and you will break even!

Last edited:
Oh, stop. You may as well trade. We all know that the universal laws of chicken math will assure that if you simply get rid of one, you will end up with three extras from whatever possible random course of events that the poultry fates might diabolically devise. If you do a straight trade, the odds are 50/50 that the receiving party might be the multiplier and you will break even!
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

NO TRADE !
Trying to eliminate some good 1 year old layers, all culls from my breeding programs.
Perfectly good layers, just not up to the standard.
Most now are wanna be French Silver Cuckoo Marans.

And my 350 egg incubator is about 3/4 full, and we will be infested with Peking duckling soon...$5 any more I had better post on the for sale thread.
gee you got me all excited you had a spare faverollie hiding somewhere :p that needed a home!

A bit more on the serious side:

Did you mean Redmond Washington, or Redmond Oregon? You mentioned both states and looking for ducks now that you want 3-4 months from now won't probably help too much. A bigger problem will be zoning for all those critters you covet. Not sure if EITHER Redmond is zoned for livestock or even just waterfowl. Then, as I alluded to, is the call duck problem. They are cute and little... and LOUD. I don't just mean that they quack. They were bred to be decoy ducks for hunters. They really CAN be heard up to 4 miles away. And they LIKE to quack. A lot.

I didn't know that about call ducks. Interesting.
I think you need to take a field trip to Redmond (Washington since that's where she said). There are huge horse ranches and a lot of acreage in that area.

@Chickielady the seeds arrived. Wow... that's a bunch! I thought a half dozen in a regular little envelope would be great, and you sent a whole tube full in a big honkin' pkg. Wow! Thank you so much! I sure hope they'll do better in the spot we've chosen. Well, they can't do any worse than last year!

In my never-ending quest to have my neighbors think I am completely nuts and that they should be nice to me... I need the measurements of a Hamburg or similar sized small type large fowl. I want to make a different colored saddle for each of my young ladies, complete with ruffles on the butt like toddler panties. Lol

Someone go measure me a chicken! Or, if you have a similar sized bird and a saddle, please find out the garment measurements!
Thank you!

In my never-ending quest to have my neighbors think I am completely nuts and that they should be nice to me... I need the measurements of a Hamburg or similar sized small type large fowl. I want to make a different colored saddle for each of my young ladies, complete with ruffles on the butt like toddler panties. Lol

Someone go measure me a chicken! Or, if you have a similar sized bird and a saddle, please find out the garment measurements!
Thank you!

ahahaha! I have saddles on my girls' from Louise's Country Closet and everyone that sees my girls' running around in their "outfits" thinks its hilarious (or that I'm nuts dressing my chickens). They don't realize I have roos and that the saddles are for an actual functional purpose! lol

Back
Top Bottom