Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have Ledas.....LOVE my Leda roses, and this is my Honeysuckle..

And some of my favorutes, Nasty sturtiams !!!

And this is Leda:

Nasty sturtiums HAHAHAHA! Do your girls eat the flowers? I thought 'Leda' was Sally Holmes, very pretty photo! Great looking flowers all around!

Last edited:
I've had to start watering too. My roses can't take being dry at all, as well the tomatoes. I am just starting to get my first flush of blooms, unfortunately too soon for the big show in June! The 1st ones are always the best and biggest. Sure smell num tho!

Red Intuition. Red on Red stripe. Bought from Raft island roses in Gig Harbor, WA If you like roses, go in June- it's pure heaven!
That's beautiful!
Unfortunately we weren't prepared for the deer this year for whatever reason (they come every year you'd think we'd have it covered), they ate the first blooms off my rose. But it's got more buds so I might actually get to enjoy them this year X'D

Well, as long as you do not get feed at a discount (wholesale) like the big egg farms do, you will not earn alot of money...but it does help feed the birds you have.
I cannot get enough eggs to sell right now ! And egg prices are expected to soar due to the AI epidemic back east in the "poultry belt".

Seriously, I did not grow meat birds this year as we were so tired of all the feed costs & work...but I really wish I had done it !

I am going to buy a few cases of whole fryers as soon as I see a good sale in the next few weeks...hopefully the prices skyrocket.
It would be a good idea to get your holiday turkey as soon as possible, too & freeze them !!!!

Hey Chickie lady- it's not too late to get meat birds. I saw that there's a new hatchery in Bellingham (?) area advertising on CL- chicks just over $1 each, and of course there's Linda who gets from Jenks in Oregon. I'm growing some this year- feeding them non-GMO food and giving them piles of weeds and grass currently since I haven't built a PVC tractor (yet). I'm excited to see how they turn out, being "pastured and organically fed, yet still fast-growing Cornish X.

Rainmom

Lost another chick. Totally clueless as to why. All seem healthy and happy. Getting a bit defeated and ready to give up. I've NEVER lost a single chick before.

I finally convinced myself that the two that died the day after arrival might have just been too stressed. That was the week we had the cold snap.

They are now going on 3 weeks and everyone was fine yesterday. Looked ok this morning even. Checked in on them tonight and there she was, just laying sprawled there.

I'm down to 5, and pretty sure one is a roo.

I'm so sorry for your losses! So sad. I hope the rest make it
hugs.gif

I was just about to mention Craigslist, I was interested in blueish chickens and found several there. I was wondering if there is anything to worry about with craigslist chicks? A few of them claim they are vaccinated for mareks.

Back
Top Bottom