Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

It has been very windy here the last couple days also. And raining a lot. At least it melted all the ice. My chickens do you not like snow or ice. They wouldn't even come out of their run. They didn't care that I had to basically broken into it, chipping all the ice away so they could come out. Oh well.

It has been very windy here the last couple days also. And raining a lot. At least it melted all the ice. My chickens do you not like snow or ice. They wouldn't even come out of their run. They didn't care that I had to basically broken into it, chipping all the ice away so they could come out. Oh well.
Where has it been so icy?

So cool! I just checked their site. Theybdont have any Buckeyes available in January and like you that's one that I would really like. The other breed I really want is plymouth rock. I love the way the barred ones look. I would really like a buff colored bird but I worry about broodiness with the Orpingtons. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a couple orps. Oh the decisions!!!

There are Buff birds other than Orpingtons. Buff Leghorns are excellent layers, don't tend toward broodiness either.

Yes, you can!  My order had 1 Australorp and 1 Buckeye!  That's what sold me on buying from them!  I'm now really happy because I have healthy birds too!

Edited to say this - If I had it to do over I would buy TWO of each I only bought one of because my little Buckeye is the one that died and I really wanted a Buckeye.

Looks like they won't ship smaller orders until April or so. I'm looking into local breeders just for fun as well. Anyone have any recomendations for breeders in SW Washington - Clark County?? Or even Portland would be good too.

Omg, so much water! The puddles have puddles. Poor girls are soaked, and there is just nowhere to get away from the water. And its never going to end!

Back
Top Bottom