Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

She was one of the best birds I have ever had !
After that I bet. You were her hero. I think I woulda tossed any roo that did that to one of my girls. Luckily I haven't had any serious injuries, A dog bloodied a bird of mine but I couldn't find any punctures and she was right as rain the next day.

Great information! (I sure hope this hen NEVER has to be around that rooster ever again).
hide.gif

Studly Dudly

Dudly & she, share an apple, after she wore a saddle but all her skin healed & all her feathers grew back super fast ! Within 2 weeks, she was fully fledged. I thought she's be bald til she molted again...not true !
She in front next to the gate. She had an awesome beetle -green lustre, that few of my Javas had.

She is so gorgeous and such an awesome mother, hatching & raising 18 young'ens !

After that I bet. You were her hero. I think I woulda tossed any roo that did that to one of my girls. Luckily I haven't had any serious injuries, A dog bloodied a bird of mine but I couldn't find any punctures and she was right as rain the next day.
No, The cockerel was right in what he did, as he thought she was an intruder. She did have 1 long tail feather as I recall, and it did look male-ish...but why he thought she was suddenly a male IDK...she squatted, she did not crow...all she had was 1 loose long tail feather which made her look male, and that was enough.
The male was a great male, he was not a bad guy at all, just doing his job.

No, The cockerel was right in what he did, as he thought she was an intruder. She did have 1 long tail feather as I recall, and it did look male-ish...but why he thought she was suddenly a male IDK...she squatted, she did not crow...all she had was 1 loose long tail feather which made her look male, and that was enough.
The male was a great male, he was not a bad guy at all, just doing his job.
Ah, my roo so far is super gentle, can't even tell when he's done mating a girl, not a feather outta place. Though when there was another roo around he got to be a meanie to that roo. So he was just doing his job then.

OK, are ya going eliz ?
I think I'll go this time, IF I have good conditioned birds...so far they are looking like drowned rats............
Yeah, the new Washington * Look *, vbg….I sure hope to be there and the gathering in Lake Stevens as well….Thanks for posting the molting links, it really shows how someone can panic if they do not know this happens….AND the great information for emergencies…..

If i wasn't already totally in love with Salmon Faverolles i would sure try out Sumitalers (spelling)….They sound wonderful and are colored like the Salmons and Mahoganies Faverolles that i have.

The Washington Feather Fanciers Cascade Spring Show will be held on March 19th, 2016 in Monroe, WA at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds. This year is a single show. The catalog and entries will be out shortly. Set up time is Thursday, March 17th from 4 to 7pm. Coop in time is 4-9pm on Friday and 7-9am Saturday morning. We are currently accepting specials.

Hello All, this is what is posted on the Washington Feather Fancier FB site…It is a closed site that You can apply to the Administrators for acceptance. I will try to update any new information. Please come and have a good time meeting peeps and their poultry…..easy to find, free parking…..

Yeah, the new Washington * Look *, vbg….I sure hope to be there and the gathering in Lake Stevens as well….Thanks for posting the molting links, it really shows how someone can panic if they do not know this happens….AND the great information for emergencies…..

If i wasn't already totally in love with Salmon Faverolles i would sure try out Sumitalers (spelling)….They sound wonderful and are colored like the Salmons and Mahoganies Faverolles that i have.
Would still be waiting to see photos of your various "flavors" of Salmon Favs !!!
Come on! PLEEEEZE!!!
Post photos of each flavor !!!

yippiechickie.gif

We are more than likely going to the show & gathering, also.

The Washington Feather Fanciers Cascade Spring Show will be held on March 19th, 2016 in Monroe, WA at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds. This year is a single show. The catalog and entries will be out shortly. Set up time is Thursday, March 17th from 4 to 7pm. Coop in time is 4-9pm on Friday and 7-9am Saturday morning. We are currently accepting specials.

Hello All, this is what is posted on the Washington Feather Fancier FB site…It is a closed site that You can apply to the Administrators for acceptance. I will try to update any new information. Please come and have a good time meeting peeps and their poultry…..easy to find, free parking…..

Thanks !!! And be wearing your green if you are helping set up on the 17th ! LOL

Back
Top Bottom