Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Thanks CarolynF, This site's "reply" feature is not intuitive on my phone. Maybe I still don't have it right? Seems like thete are 2 ways to quote/reply...or is that me being IT illiterate?

Hi, 

I see you're trying to quote the person you're addressing and then add your comments.  It will be easier for you if, after you click 'quote', to just scroll to the bottom of that quote and type your comments.  Then click submit.  That way it will be just one action for you and it will all show in the same comment box for us.  I hope that makes sense and doesn't sound smarty-pants, just trying to be helpful.

hhmm plant a few marigolds or something by that fence, I have also heard that a clapper will respond to dog noise set a sprinkler to it they get hosed when they bark
Not close enough to do that. Main probelem is the owner is deaf (really!) and so has NO CLUE how annoying they are. Tried to communicate that they were coming on my property and she's shaking her head for "no" as the dogs run under my fence in front of her. As the Kitsap Humane Socity refused to help (acted like it's my fault for free ranging on my own property) the fence was to only option.

Thanks CarolynF, This site's "reply" feature is not intuitive on my phone. Maybe I still don't have it right? Seems like thete are 2 ways to quote/reply...or is that me being IT illiterate?

It's the little quotation marks in the bottom right corner of each individual post. Then you get the "quote and reply" option popped up at the bottom and have to click that. Then you can type. I always hit the return a few times before typing to put in some space when I reply on the phone.

Guineas are pretty loud. Take that into consideration.
I love guineas , but when i got 3 youngsters my husband eventually went down on his knees ( literally) asking me to PLEEZE get rid of them because of their voice. even on 7 acres they would have bothered my neighbors. Peacocks are worse because if they are not in an aviary they will roost in trees, neighbors porches and visit blocks away….( it happened to my girlfriend.)

I had to put up a new $4000 fence to keep them off my property and away from my birds. Didn't solve the noise issue.
I am now finally completly fenced so its just the eagles and hawks ( and occasional wild cat/racoon to worry about.) It wasn't the neighborhood dogs but the coyote's that would constantly hide and nab birds and cats, lost 2 turkeys too. have 2 awesome neighborhood Border collies that would come to visit after the fence was finished who helped me find places the coyotes could still get in.
Its nice to be able to free range but we owe them some sense of safety.
It did take awhile, we did it in chunks on 7 acres but am so glad now…..

We did steaks on the grill, all day outside we have these old snapper riding mowers 2 of them, I love the oldest one had her resurrected by a mower repair guy was running it yesterday she let out a belch of black didn't want to keep running, ran it back into the barn started to start the other one dead battery so charged it overnight this morning it still didn't want to come to life. I have to stay out of bright sunlight so had waited to to try it brought the old girl back out we knew her blade belt was slipping last night and it came off tonight. Please one more day no rain. other half is watching you tube videos about snapper repair on belts
th.gif
fl.gif

Here are the most recent additions to my menagerie. My first cats! Like the mountains reflected in the glass?
cool photo!
I have 2 indoor cats too...and they watch us through the screen door.

I let them out 1 day last summer, and they came back in infested with huge fleas, and 1 cat had those weird little orange things on her ears...can't remember the name, related to mites...they bite for 1 feeding then fall off....kind of harmless, but left scars on her ear tips.

Ok, what are those things called ????
roll.png

Gonna drive me crazy!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom