Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Everytime I turn around someone has invented a new word...I get very annoyed at some of them, like ____________tastic!
I HATE THAT!!!
Like "Car-tastic!" or "Broom-tastic!"or "Skin- tastic!"

Am I the only one that hates that stupid sub-word attached to a noun ???
somad.gif

So I really thought it was another newly minted word, LOL

But...but new words are a Funtastic way to fill our language that is Grammartastic!
lau.gif
Sorry couldn't help myself.

I get threats from my husband for sending him puns and double entendres in texts when I get bored. Then he will tell me he's not talking to me anymore.

So I had a sushi tuna roll for dinner, washed down with Kombucha. It was so good but I'll be paying for that here shortly. The rice does nasty things to my blood sugars so I usually avoid it. Then I swallowed wrong and got a bit of wasabi up my nose. I figured I'd share that funny bit of imagery. Me dancing around, shaking my head, trying to get rid of the burn.

But...but new words are a Funtastic way to fill our language that is Grammartastic!
lau.gif
Sorry couldn't help myself.

I get threats from my husband for sending him puns and double entendres in texts when I get bored. Then he will tell me he's not talking to me anymore.

So I had a sushi tuna roll for dinner, washed down with Kombucha. It was so good but I'll be paying for that here shortly. The rice does nasty things to my blood sugars so I usually avoid it. Then I swallowed wrong and got a bit of wasabi up my nose. I figured I'd share that funny bit of imagery. Me dancing around, shaking my head, trying to get rid of the burn.
That reminds me...I started my Dad on Booch, with help (and prodding) from my sister...and he started religiously on 4 0z a day to 8 oz a day by week 2 and so on, and then he noticed his blood sugar was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy down, so down that he panicked & called his Doc, who told him not to worry, just take less meds...so he cut out his afternoon pill, and just took the morning pill.
And after another week, he still had waaaaaaaaaay low BS, and was so upset he called the doc back, who once again told him not to worry, just stop taking the meds...and bingo!

He no longer had super high blood sugar and no longer had to take the pills.
He was so worried, I told him not to worry, go have a cookie!
This is no lie!
He was so upset he quit Booch.
And within a week his BS spiked and he was back on meds...no lie.
I have finally talked him into booch again, so he is doing 4 oz a day, and I brought him some of the double-ginger molasses cookies...............
big_smile.png
Much more fun than taking pills !

That reminds me...I started my Dad on Booch, with help (and prodding) from my sister...and he started religiously on 4 0z a day to 8 oz a day by week 2 and so on, and then he noticed his blood sugar was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy down, so down that he panicked & called his Doc, who told him not to worry, just take less meds...so he cut out his afternoon pill, and just took the morning pill.
And after another week, he still had waaaaaaaaaay low BS, and was so upset he called the doc back, who once again told him not to worry, just stop taking the meds...and bingo!

He no longer had super high blood sugar and no longer had to take the pills.
He was so worried, I told him not to worry, go have a cookie!
This is no lie!
He was so upset he quit Booch.
And within a week his BS spiked and he was back on meds...no lie.
I have finally talked him into booch again, so he is doing 4 oz a day, and I brought him some of the double-ginger molasses cookies...............
big_smile.png
Much more fun than taking pills !

Oh, yes. Kombucha is good for lowering blood sugars. It can make them to low.

Not sure if it helped my cholesterol as well, since I'd changed my diet drastically as well during the time I'd started the Kombucha. The doctor just couldn't believe the changes I had in six months. Lost 60 pounds, dropped my A1C down to 4, triglycerides dropped over 200. HDL came up by 40 points and LDL dropped by 20. I eat veggies and meat. I skip the grains for the most part since all of them effect my blood sugars badly, even in whole form. I like putting whole wheat, barley, and rye berries in my soups, I like the texture. Potatoes don't effect me near as much so I eat a little of them, just not regularly. Adding the fat into my diet was the hard part. To many years of the "fat is bad for you" propaganda. What I do get is from meat, butter, or the olive oil that I use for cooking.

I need to get off my butt and finish prepping the garden beds so I can plant some peas. Fresh peas sound so good right now. To bad it's so hard for them to actually make it into the house to be cooked. I love the things raw.

@penny1960 ............I use to be a journalist giggle but even spell check didnt say it was wrong my error mae culpa

And my response:::
My Einstein writes eveything in tiny wierd block lettering and everything is spelt phonically.....yes he says Fonikally............................
lau.gif

Some of the words he comes up with are hysterical !

Most of my writing was for vetmed magazine technical articles I have only ever done 2 fluffy articles in my life giggle
lau.gif

I am an open sponge with too many wholes when it comes to chickens, like when I asked about the sex-links then dum dum pulled up on here oh they lay brown but had asked you too
lau.gif
so I use to speak 3 tongues now I can't mange the one in mouth...
hide.gif

Halfway Ranch Mossyrock
@

My geodesic domes handled as the pro they are never twitched a tarp.
I still do not know when the poultypoluzza is happening tomorrow please
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Who'said ready for another windstorm?
Recent model runs have been in good agreement, which increases confidence that this event will occur. The exact strength and track of the system's surface low are still uncertain - and crucial to the forecast - but it appears that the low will track northeast toward the region Sunday, deepening to around 975 millibars within 60 miles of the central Washington coast Sunday afternoon, then continue across the northwest corner of the Olympic peninsula and the south end of Vancouver Island, weakening as it moves into southwest mainland British Columbia later Sunday night. This is the classic storm track for a western Washington windstorm.

The forecast calls for sustained winds of 30 to 45 mph with gusts as high as 60 to 70 mph, and for most parts of western Washington the highest winds will probably occur Sunday afternoon and evening. Power outages and downed trees are possible, along with some damage to buildings. Remember that falling trees and tree limbs can cause serious injury or death.

The point is, she will be able to see which are male & which are female , I think that is what she was asking anyways...maybe I misunderstood that too!
I am close to confirming the ability to produce sex link blue egg layers with my White Leghorn pullet with known barring gene below dominant white. So far about 8 chicks have followed this pattern which I think is a bit too low to say it is confirmed but the genetics make sense as well.

Crossing a dark shank black cockerels to my White leghorn hen so far has yielded boys hatching almost perfectly yellow and yellow or white shank coloring while girls hatch out with obvious black spots and willow or black shanks. This is of course thanks to the barring gene suppressing black both in feathering and leg color and it being a sex linked trait.

Last edited:
I am close to confirming the ability to produce sex link blue egg layers with my White Leghorn pullet with known barring gene below dominant white. So far about 8 chicks have followed this pattern which I think is a bit too low to say it is confirmed but the genetics make sense as well.

Crossing a dark shank black cockerels to my White leghorn hen so far has yielded boys hatching almost perfectly yellow and yellow or white shank coloring while girls hatch out with obvious black spots and willow or black shanks. This is of course thanks to the barring gene suppressing black both in feathering and leg color and it being a sex linked trait.

Sounds like you're making real progress with this, congratulations!

Who'said ready for another windstorm?
Recent model runs have been in good agreement, which increases confidence that this event will occur. The exact strength and track of the system's surface low are still uncertain - and crucial to the forecast - but it appears that the low will track northeast toward the region Sunday, deepening to around 975 millibars within 60 miles of the central Washington coast Sunday afternoon, then continue across the northwest corner of the Olympic peninsula and the south end of Vancouver Island, weakening as it moves into southwest mainland British Columbia later Sunday night. This is the classic storm track for a western Washington windstorm.

The forecast calls for sustained winds of 30 to 45 mph with gusts as high as 60 to 70 mph, and for most parts of western Washington the highest winds will probably occur Sunday afternoon and evening. Power outages and downed trees are possible, along with some damage to buildings. Remember that falling trees and tree limbs can cause serious injury or death.

Good point! Glad to have the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom