Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

So my hen that I thought was egg bound has not layed an egg that we saw, but she is acting fine again. I went ahead and put her back with the rest but I will be keeping an eye on her. The rooster thought she looked fine and showered her with affection, lol.

Here are the birth pictures I took of the pup we will most likely keep and the first 8 puppies when we moved them from the shop to the house. I was going to try something like this with each pup but the light on the first 8 was not great until I got them inside, where she had 4 more (3 solid white) and I realized that the amniotic fluid looked green against their white fur.

I didn't know that great Pyrenees had dark spots. Do they fade? I've seen adults with very light markings. I like ones with spots.

Here are the birth pictures I took of the pup we will most likely keep and the first 8 puppies when we moved them from the shop to the house. I was going to try something like this with each pup but the light on the first 8 was not great until I got them inside, where she had 4 more (3 solid white) and I realized that the amniotic fluid looked green against their white fur.

How much do you sell the puppies for?

I didn't know that great Pyrenees had dark spots. Do they fade? I've seen adults with very light markings. I like ones with spots.

They can have color on up to 1/3 of their coat. I think of Great Pyrenees as being solid white, though. It is best to breed solid white with color and then you get both white and spotted puppies. The dad has red spotting that I liked. The color will fade and they can go solid white. The pups have some darker and some lighter spots.

How much do you sell the puppies for?

The owners of the stud sell their puppies for $500 each and they have people waiting for puppies so I may have some sold through them. I paid a $500 stud fee and raising the pups will take time and money so I will likely go with their pricing if that is the going rate. I am going to have the puppies trained with chickens and ducks plus they will have a vet exam and shots. I would like them to be working dogs for people who need LGDs to protect their birds and livestock. The owners of the stud sell their puppies as pets mainly but also as LGDs without any training.

Last edited:
Hello from Cle Elum! I have been a member since the middle of 2016 but have mostly just read posts. I have had pet birds all of my life and finally got into chickens about 4 years ago. I love my little flock!

Hello from Cle Elum! I have been a member since the middle of 2016 but have mostly just read posts. I have had pet birds all of my life and finally got into chickens about 4 years ago. I love my little flock!
Welcome to the West and East side We live in Washington State glad you stopped by

Back
Top Bottom