Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Yes, I just don't understand her reasoning. Hopefully we can talk about it this week and hash it out. But I am not giving up my chickens because my neighbors can't take care of their's.

That is not legal so you can fight it unless someone else owns the home where you are living. If having birds is not unlawful where you live and you are not neglecting your birds you can't be penalized for the actions of your neighbors.

That is not legal so you can fight it unless someone else owns the home where you are living. If having birds is not unlawful where you live and you are not neglecting your birds you can't be penalized for the actions of your neighbors.

I own my house. It sounds like she's done this to other people also. I'm not sure why they are not fighting. I set up a meeting with her on Wednesday so we'll see what happens.

My 2 year old kale was killed by this past winter. Had to start some new ones. I prefer the texture and flavor of italian kale.
Tuscan Kale doesn't take the winter like the Russian (I think it is Siberian Kale ??)
Tuscan dries really well, too...but tends to get ahpids if in a humid clime, like my green house.

I dry my Tuscan in the dehydrator, and jar it up for winter soups, like Minnestroni...a favorite, or Italian Wedding -type soups...just toss a handful in the pot at the last few minutes

Runs up to me every time I go out! Squats and Oh, add mare in heat to that description, as she "winking" too!!! I'm dying here...
Spring must be in the air !!!!!

lau.gif

Edited to add: You should have seen us about 3 years ago when we had all the Midget White Turkles...and the boys will go for whatever they can find...like a willing Labrador retriever, or a beach ball...even a muscovy hen would do...there was so much h*****g going on, we had to eliminate any h**pible objects or animals out from the turkle boys.

Last edited:
I have 12 dozen even lots of upheaval in the run silly large white puppy broke out of her crate in the
barn broke into the coop to play tag with birds although birds do not understand tag.. we thought we had white fuzzy secure in her
crate wrong the BF goes out to let the girls out silly white puppy is in the coop playing tag again..
bought new shock collar for 80 lb white puppy shaved her neck.

I do have lettuce ready to cut let grow... potatoes are spouting big time from bags..

allot of my seeds had not sprouted like beans and peas
Way too early for beans. OK for peas, though.
OK for cool crops like lettuce, maybe Mustards...

I started my squash & pumpkins and tomatoes in the hot frame...so they had warmth.

This kind of weather is too cool to sprout a bean, and wet enough that the seed just swells, and rots.

In order for the seed to grow, the soil needs to get up to at least 60.
That temp converts (through enzymes) the starches in the seed, to sugars that allow it to sprout.
Without the warmth...seeds sit there & rot...................
sad.png

I live in the tater bug capital of the world, too....so the little devils burrow in & eat the seeds, and potato sprouts, too...so I lay Sevin down on the row of seeds, I have to !
Once the seeds are up, it is OK...

I tied Jack to a lower cupboard in the barn kitchen, and sat on a 5 gallon bucket and shaved as much as I could...there must have been 20 pounds of hair on the floor !

I still have to get his other side & his chest.

So hard to clip him !
He wants to play & roll over and he will not stop wiggling !

rant.gif

Thankfully this is a once a year ordeal.....he gets way way too hot in the summer.

(what is summer ?)
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom