Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

See I have been good there I do not ever feed outside their coop but they have a really big coop which I planned for best 350.00 ever spent there but I do put their 7 in mix it in the dust baths when they are out
How much 7 do you add to the dust bath? Currently I use DE, sand and peat moss in a big tub for their bath and I haven't had any bugs but would like to know how much 7 to add if needed.

Finished processing the last of the Red Rangers today at 13 weeks all hens and weighed in at 5 1/2 pounds dressed after I took out about a pound of fat. Glad to have all the butchering done it has been an experience and have a freezer full of really tasty chickens and ducks. Good eats

@CarolynF is alright if I copy your broody box I thinks that is the cats meow :frow

Absolutely, it's just a set of legs. We found that being so tall and sitting in sand it's a bit wobbly, so DH anchored it to the fence post alongside. I also realized tha on a hot day I'd much rather have it sitting elsewhere and the anchor is going to slow me down. Nothing is ever perfect, but I'm still glad we have it.

Don't know what I'm going to do with the broody hen I think today is day 9 or 10 in the wire cage had it elevated in the garage as it was the coolest place around put a fan on her and nothing now have her outside up in the air in the wire cage day 2 for that nothing. Now I have another broody in the coop:confused::eek:

I totally understand! It took forever to break my Barnevelder. It was over a week in the cage, then when she finally acted like she was finished, she'd wait a few hours and sneak back into the nest. But thank goodness she is finally finished! Last year she was a. It slow, but nothing like this! I sur hope this is her one and only bout this year. Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom