Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

My hubby's friend in Shelton has complained about the tweakers quite a lot, too.

Staying out from the big cities usually makes for cheaper land as well.

We did almost buy a place just on the edge of Olympia, but decided a bit closer to base was better for us.

I like the wet and cooler weather over on this side of the Cascades. No matter how much my family would prefer I live over on the hot, dry, hot east side.

20180816_214524.jpg

Hey, y'all! We will be heading up to Thurston County from California (shhh, don't tell anyone) within the next few months. Any advice?

We are bringing our one girl with us as we have been on a very strict no new pets rule for the last year knowing we'd be moving. We only have our one Delaware (Miss Lindsay Lohan) left of our Cali Flock.

I've been hunting for the regs and rules of being a chicken mom up there but would love some sage advice from peeps who already live there. Is there an acreage limit? Like if we buy a home of more than one acre or (if I'm lucky) a home of 5 or more acres are the rules different. I'm only finding articles on "Urban" chicken keeping. We are looking all over Thurston County and haven't made a home choice yet, but are there areas that are more "pet-friendly" than others?

Figured I'd ask the eggsperts. Thanks!!

Miss Lindsay :
View attachment 1501938
Good luck with your move! I hope you find a place you love where you can start a new flock. I live in Eastern Washington so no real advice as the housing market, urban farming rules and cost of living is different here.

Need to stay south is the only advice I am able to give we have one member that is now in real estate in the Washington state thread

Back
Top Bottom