Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

My ees and ameraucana like to fly. The pest of a silkie rooster is actually pretty decent for a silkie. He's good at getting on all the roosts.

I have the one we call Mud that roosts all by herself she is of the first two have to take a photo for you all the 9 marans and three silky in the corner but all four are laying again at least for now

40122710_2372543676106056_1581286699302912000_n.jpg

One of the 3 week old chicks squeezed out of their little outside pen. It couldn't figure out how to squeeze back in so I grabbed it. It yelled and suddenly all 4 hens in that pen furiously threw themselves at the fence to kill me. Mind you, only 2 of those hens are raising the chicks.

So 8 pounds of fluff were out for blood. It would be scary if only it didn't take all 4 of them to make the weight of 1 large fowl hen.

That’s pretty funny kind of hard to take them seriously till they peck and scratch you. That’s some strong instinct, I had a surprise in my barn a Swedish flower hen popped out with one chick she had only been around a cream Legbar Roo it’s a cute little chick. The hen made some charges at me but never followed through.

I have 2 silky eggs every day my girls two are raising the other two will help but most
the work is left to the two ... ameracauna is being doting mother driving me nuts she
has two very young every time I intend to take birds to auction I foul the day
shopping with the kid for his Dads birthday the 4th

hello fellow washingtonians! it's been a long time since I have posted anything in here. last time it was about thinking of finally starting a coop. well I checked that off the summer to do list and two days ago we brought home some day olds! we were not exactly planning on doing so...but my son fell in love and my husband said we should just do it. excited to finally have chickens!!!

hello fellow washingtonians! it's been a long time since I have posted anything in here. last time it was about thinking of finally starting a coop. well I checked that off the summer to do list and two days ago we brought home some day olds! we were not exactly planning on doing so...but my son fell in love and my husband said we should just do it. excited to finally have chickens!!!

Would love to see photos what part of the state are you in ?

Back
Top Bottom