Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hubby's truck had the alternator quit earlier this week. Got an appointment to get that fixed this Wednesday. The repair place we use is reliable so is always busy.

So he's been driving my truck. Yesterday the ABS and brake light came on so we had to get that fixed today. Front brakes, calipers, and lines. Joy we have lots of repair bills. *sigh*

It's an older truck (1997) but works well. There are a few small things I've been meaning to get fixed on it. I'll order the side step bars before it goes in for the next fix because hubby's having issues getting in. My uncle I bought it off of lifted it just a little and put larger wheels on. The repair shop will install the steps for me for cheap if they are doing other things.

Hello, everyone. We're moving to north Kitsap County, and I'm looking for recommendations on where to acquire feed, bedding, AND chickens in my new locale. We're near Hansville, so I'm hoping not to go further south than Silverdale... I do know about the Tractor Supply there. Any suggestions?
Hi and welcome! There is a very good feed store right off 104 called Viking Feed. I believe it’s considered Kingston. Google the address if you like. That is very close to you, they are very friendly people and get a lot of chicks!
There is a Cenex in Poulsbo where I’ve been buying my feed, it’s on my way to everywhere.
I didn’t care for the TSC personally, it’s big box looking but the selection of feed wasn’t great IMO. I think you’ll be happy with Viking. I used to buy feed there and would still if it wasn’t out of my way. Viking and Cenex both sell a lot of feed and have good dry conditions so that’s a plus. Viking had more accessories. Bay Hay and feed on Bainbridge has very good chick handling practices, they are vaccinated for Mareks and they are in clean covered brooders that the public can’t reach into. Lol.
Long story short, get your accessories wherever you want, get your feed at Viking and your chicks at Bay Hay.

Sequel,

Thank you so much for your informative suggestions! We've been staying temporarily in Port Ludlow, so we don't yet have our bearings in Kitsap. I am excited to check out Viking Feed and the Poulsbo Cenex. I'm glad to hear there are options other than TSC.

Hi and welcome! There is a very good feed store right off 104 called Viking Feed. I believe it’s considered Kingston. Google the address if you like. That is very close to you, they are very friendly people and get a lot of chicks!
There is a Cenex in Poulsbo where I’ve been buying my feed, it’s on my way to everywhere.
I didn’t care for the TSC personally, it’s big box looking but the selection of feed wasn’t great IMO. I think you’ll be happy with Viking. I used to buy feed there and would still if it wasn’t out of my way. Viking and Cenex both sell a lot of feed and have good dry conditions so that’s a plus. Viking had more accessories. Bay Hay and feed on Bainbridge has very good chick handling practices, they are vaccinated for Mareks and they are in clean covered brooders that the public can’t reach into. Lol.
Long story short, get your accessories wherever you want, get your feed at Viking and your chicks at Bay Hay.

Sequel,

Thank you so much for your informative suggestions! We've been staying temporarily in Port Ludlow, so we don't yet have our bearings in Kitsap. I am excited to check out Viking Feed and the Poulsbo Cenex. I'm glad to hear there are options other than TSC.
[/QUOTE

You can learn your way around touring feed stores!
:)

I have two great stores in Olympia to get scratch and peck food - our food co-op and the eastside farm and garden center. The food is usually less than a month old when I buy it. All of us hippies in Olympia like our organic chicken food so it cycles fast.

I bought it at another local, reputable place that I really like with a great selection and prices, but the food was seven months old and I didn’t realize it until I opened the bag. It was fine but not fresh.

So it helps to check the type of food you like, too. Some great stores still don’t sell the same food at the same volume to guarantee the best freshness. I definitely buy other things at that store, but not that food.

Hubby's truck had the alternator quit earlier this week. Got an appointment to get that fixed this Wednesday. The repair place we use is reliable so is always busy.

So he's been driving my truck. Yesterday the ABS and brake light came on so we had to get that fixed today. Front brakes, calipers, and lines. Joy we have lots of repair bills. *sigh*

It's an older truck (1997) but works well. There are a few small things I've been meaning to get fixed on it. I'll order the side step bars before it goes in for the next fix because hubby's having issues getting in. My uncle I bought it off of lifted it just a little and put larger wheels on. The repair shop will install the steps for me for cheap if they are doing other things.
We have a 25 year old Toyota pickup and we’re going to drive it until it dies.

Back
Top Bottom