Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Anyone on this thread in the whatcom county area that has/breeds khaki Campbell's, Ancona's or magpie ducks?

My local tsc had some potential khaki Campbell's today....so so SO hard not to walk out with a couple!!

I would love more this year but thinking I will try and wait till next spring 😬😬 we shall see lol 😆
I might later in the summer. My khakis aren't at point of lay yet, but I noticed that the drakes are already showing amorous intent... ;)

Little crazy fluffy dinosaurs act like I never feed them and go mad for a little yellow dish of chick starter soaked in water. Clearly, the giant red chick feeder is full of food and they know how to use it. It is helping me make friends though, my little black one with a yellow spot (I suspect PBR) will jump out of the crate if she can see the dish! She also will come sit in my hand for “snuggles” as long as I give them a dish.

Switched them to a ceramic heat bulb (no light) and they seem to like it better. I like it better because the red lights always hurt my eyes. It also feels like it’s putting off more heat than the other bulb, but that’s probably not the case, both are 250w bulbs. Almost everyone is feathering out in such different color patterns (except for the 3 white chicks, 1 of which is supposed to be my Delaware...they all still look identical)! I had one sold black chick, I have 4 black chicks but 3 have yellow/white patterning, but her Baby feathers are coming in a beautiful chocolate brown color. Of course, she’s the one my son named Shadow.

Not everyone has a name yet...but we have:
Reba-RIR
Carmel-EE
Praline-EE
Shadow-?
Penguin-Lt Brahma
Lovey-White Cochin (named by my 6 year old)
Plus 8 more without names so far...son wants to name one of them Lady Eggsalot...mostly because he wants to call the coop “Eggsalot Manor” and he says they need a “boss” chicken. 🤣

Attachments

• 41EC33AB-9145-4C3E-BF6D-D53D7D17A09A.jpeg
    41EC33AB-9145-4C3E-BF6D-D53D7D17A09A.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 1
Silkie. There are 11 partridge, 1 black, and 4 blue cream. The partridge are what I wanted to refresh my bloodline. The others are filler which I knew would happen. I'll be happy if they all hatch.

I have 3 broodies to choose from but I think I'll pick 2 this time since there may be several chicks.

Back
Top Bottom