Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

🌗
I think I will go out and open the coop before it starts raining,
poor chickens, it going to be another drencher
Capture.JPG

Welcome to our state group.. Great folks lot's of us have years of chickens keeping. You have two birds ?

I encourage you to 2 more birds in your flock.
they are social creatures. to say the least.
Starting with just the two so as not to overwhelm my partner with my new hobby! 😂 Fully anticipating adding at least another 1-2 in the coming months and maybe even exploring meat chickens too.

Had to refill feeders in the rain today. Some of the girls just had to go free range for awhile after spending the whole morning inside. They got a bit soggy. Do yours do that, too? A couple of them did not venture out and stayed under cover.
As they get older they becaome more like maybe I can walk on it .. Others never will

Had to refill feeders in the rain today. Some of the girls just had to go free range for awhile after spending the whole morning inside. They got a bit soggy. Do yours do that, too? A couple of them did not venture out and stayed under cover.
Yes, my hens were so wet yesterday, they were in and out of the coop all day, but the older ones have been heading in around 4. Mine dont free range, the run is quite sloppy in spots-
I left the coop door propped open over night due to it being 53 out,
I too hade to rinse and refill the water jug yesterday, I filled the feed on Saturday.
AHhhhh tis the season,,, but as dry as spring and summer were water is good

Back
Top Bottom