Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Starting with just the two so as not to overwhelm my partner with my new hobby! 😂 Fully anticipating adding at least another 1-2 in the coming months and maybe even exploring meat chickens too.
Apparently the chicken addiction strikes fast and hard! My partner told me yesterday that he thinks we should get another couple of chickens! 😂

So if anyone knows anyone getting rid of chickens in the central/south Sound area, please let me know!

And I'm doing lots of reading on quarantining and integrating new chickens, but any personal advice you have is very welcome!

Apparently the chicken addiction strikes fast and hard! My partner told me yesterday that he thinks we should get another couple of chickens! 😂

So if anyone knows anyone getting rid of chickens in the central/south Sound area, please let me know!

And I'm doing lots of reading on quarantining and integrating new chickens, but any personal advice you have is very welcome!
I bought 5 point of lay girls to add to my flock of 7. They were housed with their own feed, roost/coop (temporary) nesting box, but with a fence in common with my other girls. I left them like that for 3 weeks to get to know their neighbors safely. You may see a lot of posturing, squawking, flying at the fence at each other. At the end of the 3 weeks, I let them all be together. Another lesser repeat of those pecking order behaviors, and then they became integrated. Also, be aware that egg production may stop or lessen for a few weeks as well. Chicken math is real!

@TahomaChickens Hey there! I'm in south King County (~20 minutes or so out of Tacoma with no traffic, not that that exists) and have 2-3 pullets (1 of them laying) I'd be willing to sell. I'm also currently raising 3x 6 wk old Sapphire Splash chicks that will be ready to integrate with larger chickens around January. Feel free to PM me for pictures or more info if you're interested!

If not, no worries, we're always happy to make chicken friends in the area - you're welcome to come check out the setup we use for quarantining pullets & the setup we'll use to integrate a small batch of chicks into our main flock (which is basically a 8'x4' pen alongside the main run so the chickens can see each other for 2-3 weeks before integration). We also have some extra hanging Omlet waterers/feeders if you want them. Our only request is that you wear clothes you don't normally wear around your chickens, to reduce potential spread of disease - we'll also give you shoe covers for maximum biosecurity!

Back
Top Bottom