Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Good Morning Washington BYC Peeps :weeSince our nights up here are longer since we are now in winter for Washington. I Have a couple of questions that you all maybe able to help me with. We have a large chicken run that that our 4 girls use 19' x 10' x 8' tall we have put a tarp on the roof of the run and it comes down about halfway to the ground. But since we get so much rain its muddy in the run. We have straw and wood chips on the floor of the run to help with the mud. I try to keep it as dry as I can but still we have muddy floors. Is this Bad for our chickens??

Next question the Girls love to get out of the run of course but I am hesitant to let them free range in the rain, even the light rain. I get so worried about them.... when I do let them out in the misty rain they don't seam to mind the rain at all! And when it starts raining harder they do just run back to the chicken run or get under a bush but I still worried.

Any advise will be Much Appreciated if not for any other reason to just help my worried mind !!!!
the rain and mud wont hurt them, but after a long mud season I would think their feet would maybe have an issue--- I was just out there in mine and noticed the hens feet looked much cleaner since I put the straw down,

I use to keep a tarp over the run, but it pooled up so much and the snow gets to heavy--I would constantly have to go out and knock off rain pools and heavy snow-- so I dont have a tarp this year.

if you normally let them free range, it is no different in the rain, I think -- mine dont run free
but they do huddle in the coop when the rain is to much, so, they know to take shelter

Hey gang okay had those nesting pads. The rats stole them .. I use white shavings no floor in my coops..
We cover the food at night rats cannot get it. Neighbors have garbage sitting out so rats are hard to stop.

I put shavings in the boxes need to get it changed again.
Not broken eggs just now but poopy ones. Getting 13 a day.
I use to use shavings in the boxes but the hens would kick them all out,, I dont have a rat or mouse problem,,

Aright, okay what type of phone did you get ?
I feel we got cheated this time .. I went to the t mobile store said I wanted to follow sprint..
They assured me they could do that .. Have the Samsung 21? but 4g they gave us ...
Feel like the redhead stepchild :idunno
Not with sprint but t mobile

S21+ here. We have Verizon. It actually has a better connection than my S9 did. Internet is faster. Which is nice since we're so far from a tower and had issues before.

S21+ here. We have Verizon. It actually has a better connection than my S9 did. Internet is faster. Which is nice since we're so far from a tower and had issues before.
we had to go through that, we had 3G flip phones- our service is Pure Talk, it uses an ATT tower, we got Nokia 3.4 android 4G-- oh man does my DH have a hard time, but I help him

Back
Top Bottom