Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I did manage to get the silkie pens finally wrapped in the tarps. It was a pain because I wrapped the bottom with 1/4" hardware cloth. Getting zip ties down through that is hard.

Had the bright idea to use 1/4" U bolts with washers on the hardware cloth outside and the flat long washer that covers both ends inside. Permanent anchor points for the tarps that are easy to attach to. Just a huge pain in the rear to put the bolts on. I'll put bolts on the courtyard side next year when I hardware cloth it.

I did manage to get the silkie pens finally wrapped in the tarps. It was a pain because I wrapped the bottom with 1/4" hardware cloth. Getting zip ties down through that is hard.

Had the bright idea to use 1/4" U bolts with washers on the hardware cloth outside and the flat long washer that covers both ends inside. Permanent anchor points for the tarps that are easy to attach to. Just a huge pain in the rear to put the bolts on. I'll put bolts on the courtyard side next year when I hardware cloth it.
Ugh....we still have to think about wrapping the enclosure with plastic. we have everything to do it but it is a big job. I guess it's time to think about it. We had hail today and will have snow by the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom