Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I know we all don't need to buy eggs. This came in an empty carton from my neighbor. Last prices I saw for free range eggs regular price ranged from $5.29 - $8.49! He is a regular customer, however, his son, when visiting, is very particular. (Too many commas?)
16699203506913002338363680352082.jpg

I haven’t actually had to buy eggs so I don’t know what they want for pasture or organic eggs. I did decide to buy Payback feed this time though. 19 for 50 pounds instead of 30 for 50 pounds of Purina. So this month my eggs are going to cost me a lot less!
Tractor Supply has a hidden cache in the back room of Purina Mixed Flock (cannot order online for pickup). I've switched to that, having a real mixed flock of hens, some molting, pullets, and cockerels. $20.49 for 50#. Oyster and egg shells on the side. 17% protein. This last feed fill-up I finally used up the Dumor layer pellets I had before the chicks got big.

Tractor Supply has a hidden cache in the back room of Purina Mixed Flock (cannot order online for pickup). I've switched to that, having a real mixed flock of hens, some molting, pullets, and cockerels. $20.49 for 50#. Oyster and egg shells on the side. 17% protein. This last feed fill-up I finally used up the Dumor layer pellets I had before the chicks got big.
So what’s with the secret stash? Do you have a pic of the label?

4 inches of snow overnight. Silkies won't touch it. They have always thought it was acid.

Large fowl were disinclined as well so I put fresh water in a bowl in their coop. Only the rooster came out to ask for scratch. I gave them it in the coop. They will clean it up.

Raked the sno off the silkie pens roof. I have extra support poles for holding the roof just in case but it wasn't too heavy to reach them yet. Very fluffy snow. Rain on top of it was my worry

So what’s with the secret stash? Do you have a pic of the label?
I came across it in the regular stocked area, with no price tag. An associate was able to scan for the price, and she got more for me from the other back area the next time I was there and asked. Probably not enough shelf room. Depends on which TSC you go to as whether it will be out with most of the other feeds. It seems to be with other assorted horse, cow, goat, game bird feed. The chix seem to prefer it. Comes in crumbles only.

Attachments

• 20221201_152729.jpg
    20221201_152729.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom