Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

what did you all do for mothers day?? I went to my mom's house and cooked her dinner!! Beef pot roast and mixed veggies, not canned but fresh mixed veggies, carrots, brocoli, squash, boch choi, celerly, onions, bell pepper, flat peas mushrooms.... and mash potatoes and gravy
Yum that sounds good! How did you fix the veggies? My son brought the two youngest grandkids over and I fixed them bacon and eggs. Later a delivery truck a showed up with my new tiller. lol

I transplanted 8 little leaf lettuce plants into the garden and moved two poppy plants so the plant spacing in the bed was a little better.

View attachment 3830901View attachment 3830902

Then I did some remodeling to my raised bed setup. I repurposed the screened panels that were on the sides of the beds and made a fence out of them. I'll have much easier access to the east side of my garden beds now, while the deer and chickens will have none! LOL. I still need to run a few ropes up above the fence to keep the deer from jumping over.

View attachment 3830906

I started more seeds several days ago and some are coming up. A few of the zinnia seeds I saved from flowers last fall are sprouting, plus marigolds and lettuce are breaking ground. I put basil seeds in dirt yesterday.

@ValerieJ , send some tiramisu cookies my way!
😋
Well, let's meet somewhere and do that! Easy enough!

Well, let's meet somewhere and do that! Easy enough!
Thanks, but I was just kidding. :lol: I've been on a keto diet the last three weeks, and the only carbs I've been eating are from leafy greens and chives from the garden. I have a lot more energy and less joint pain since I started, and I need to drop pounds to take the stress off my bad knee.

Thanks, but I was just kidding. :lol: I've been on a keto diet the last three weeks, and the only carbs I've been eating are from leafy greens and chives from the garden. I have a lot more energy and less joint pain since I started, and I need to drop pounds to take the stress off my bad knee.
Well, I can't eat them either. I always have one cookie to know how they turned out, but I'm on a diet, so no sweets or snacks for me! But these are DH's favorites, and he requested them. Hard to turn that guy down. :love Also, hard to have them in the house, which is why I was going to share them with you! :lol:

I did a bunch of hold the stomach in let it out.
Also eat a bit push away.
Egg mcmuffin about noon I make, wait for dinner.
Lost 15 happy as get out.
Flat stomach first in years !
My diet is similar, noon and dinner, small portions. Have lost 40 lbs!!! 10 or 20 to go!!! :woot

Stopped spending 3 hours going to the gym and bought equipment for the garage. Now it's 20 minutes. But that's not part of weight loss. At 71, I need the strength building too, especially in my legs. Old family trait to lose use of legs. That is not happening here!!! 😁

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom