Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hi and welcome. a long tiome ago i was looking at buying a house out that way. sounds like you have a few chickens. Hope you enjoy this place as much as i do.

Quote:
Yeah, I posted a few pages back that I am going to pass on him. The guy wouldn't come down from $60 even if I picked him up earlier and I can buy one directly from Paul Bradshaw for 1/3 that price--that's not a cull bird.
smile.png

Doh, how did I miss that?
hmm.png

It bothers me that this thread and sometimes others, will have posts after mine, but not be bolded.

Quote:
A warm welcome denniselk. I am in Enumclaw and of course we do a lot in Bonney Lake something about the lack of real stores in Enumclaw.
frow.gif

I'm heading to Holderread Waterfowl next weekend. I'll be coming home up the 1-5 from Corvallis to Tacoma, going over the narrows bridge on the 16, and through kitsap county on the 3, on Monday the 18th. If anyone wants me to pick anything up from Holderread, or birds along the way, let me know.

Holderread currently has these adult ducks up for sale:

Australian Spotted: Tame, excellent natural parents and foragers, and colorful. Pairs available. $25, $38, $50, $75 & $100 per bird.
Black East Indie: We have a good selection of these little emerald-green gems. They add dazzling, tropical-like beauty to any setting. Pairs and drakes available. $25, $38, $50, $75, $100, $125 & $150 per bird.
Gray Call: Petite beauties colored like miniature Mallards. Along with the East Indies, these are the smallest of all bantam duck breeds. Pairs and drakes. $25, $38, $50, $75 & $100 per bird.
Silver Miniature Appleyard: Friendly, excellent natural parents and foragers, and colorful. Pairs and drakes available. $25, $38, $50, $75 & $100 per bird.
Silky Ducks--Black: Extremely rare and interesting little ducks with lacy feathering. Good foragers, friendly, good natural setters. Drakes & pairs. $38, $50, $75 & $100 per bird.

If you're interested in other adults they may have available, you can give them a call:
http://holderreadfarm.com/contact_us_page/contact_us.htm

Quote:
I've heard 3 and no roosters. I won't say that with 100% confidence, but I think I heard it on here..

Can someone else confirm that?

Oh yeah, and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I've heard 3 and no roosters. I won't say that with 100% confidence, but I think I heard it on here..

Oh yeah, and
welcome-byc.gif

That is true. You can three pets per lot. My Sister and her husband have a double lot that their house sits on and they are allowed 6 hens and or dogs and cats. aka pets You could confirm online by looking up the city municipal code.

Quote:

I'm in Seattle (west seattle). You can have 3 chickens on a standard zone lot (which is usually 5000 sq. feet) -- plus you can have 1 more for every 1000 sq. feet in your lot. Seattle doesn't prohibit any of those being a rooster, so long as you abide by the noise ordinances. Like having a barking dog, it usually depends upon how relaxed your neighbors are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom