Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh Oh!!! You got me on this one. I would love to have a rooster trivet from you. I wouldn't need it right away even. I am planning on going to the Stevenson show in April, and we could stop by then if that would help with time.

Quote:
This kind of science is very fascinating to me.
So if I end up with a Cuckoo roo, I can put him over a blue egger and get a lighter olive? dark choco egger x blue egger = darker olive? Very cool!(hope I have that right)

Wrong. The Cock bird determines the egg color, and must be an ameraucana or araucana.
The hens should be dark egg layers as in Black Copper or Blue Copper marans.
The BCMs have a red/brown egg that is necessary to coat over the blue emerging egg.
This does not work the other way around,,(as far as I know) ,the egg must be blue to start with , then goes down the canal, then gets the brown tint applied.
OK ?
Hope this is helpful...

Quote:
another idea would be to turn them into little "LIFT KITS" to put the feeders and waterers on, for those with little chicks who love to kick bedding and poo into their food

similar to trivets but maybe slightly longer/bigger feet

Great idea. I would use something like that. I don't think that it need to be fancy, if all it's doing is holding up the feed and water.

Quote:
I LOVE my Wagoner, Sidney Australia, smooth as a baby's butt and heats so well, love them!
I have Lodge too, and they seem coarser, more pourous and so stuff seems to stick more. Maybe just needs more use...

I just fry up some bacon in my pan if it needs a little more seasoning. I love BLT's, but most of the time I make BLAST sandwiches. That is a bacon, lettuce, avocado, spinach, and tomato sandwich. It is easier to eat if I mix the avocado with a little bit of mayo. Otherwise we end up chasing the pieces of avocado round the sandwich and or plate.

The sandwich sounds yummy!!
droolin.gif

I sand down these rusty pots and use cokking oil as lube, and grind & sand them, does not take long.
Then I wash them, dry them, and oil them down.
The dutch ovens wseason really well by cooking a whole body fryer in..put it in the oven lid on & bake a nice slow 2 hrs on about 250-300.
You get a nice tender dinner & the pot is seasoned.

Quote:
This kind of science is very fascinating to me.
So if I end up with a Cuckoo roo, I can put him over a blue egger and get a lighter olive? dark choco egger x blue egger = darker olive? Very cool!(hope I have that right)

Wrong. The Cock bird determines the egg color, and must be an ameraucana or araucana.
The BCMs have a red/brown egg that is necessary to coat over the blue emerging egg.
This does not work the other way around,,(as far as I know) ,the egg must be blue to start with , then goes down the canal, then gets the brown tint applied.
OK ?
Hope this is helpful...

Totally makes sense! Very helpful thanks! Guess I need to start looking for the right kind of roo!

Quote:
Lucky you!!

We saw 2 dutch ovens, no lids, and alot of all sizes of skillets & griddles, but I already have too many of those, but do have 1 Ducth Oven w/lid for CR...no fencing or windows
sad.png
.now I have to try and sex & deliver some chicks so be back later...

If you ever see a two burner griddle, I would love one of those too. Man this is almost like a shopping channel.
lau.gif

edited to add; I would love a square single griddle also.

Last edited:
Quote:
We saw 2 dutch ovens, no lids, and alot of all sizes of skillets & griddles, but I already have too many of those, but do have 1 Ducth Oven w/lid for CR...no fencing or windows
sad.png
.now I have to try and sex & deliver some chicks so be back later...

If you ever see a two burner griddle, I would love one of those too. Man this is almost like a shopping channel.
lau.gif

OK, how about I grab a little of eveything?

Oh I guess I better make a list....OK list is started, PM me for wishes including CR..

Quote:
lau.gif

OK, how about I grab a little of eveything?

Oh I guess I better make a list....OK list is started, PM me for wishes including CR..

JB: Got one out in the shed you can have, just remembered..
edited to add, this one is a two burner..
lau.gif

Well off to work I go!

Last edited:
Quote:
OK ?
Hope this is helpful...

Totally makes sense! Very helpful thanks! Guess I need to start looking for the right kind of roo!

Seems like there should be a little recipe book of which bird to use in which order to make the desired egg color. But I suppose a book of genetics would kind of be considered a recipe book? It's all pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom