Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yes indeed!
wee.gif

But now I cannot remember where I put the building permit.....gone!
Gotta be here somewhere in a safe place, just cannot remember..........hard to think you could loose so much in such a small place, and no kids to blame it on.......
th.gif

I don't know what I'm going to do when the kids move out! I blame everything on them! They make great scape goats.
lau.gif

X 2!
big_smile.png
I have 6, that's a lot of blame cushion!

Last edited:
When I moved out my mom no longer had me to blame for the house being a mess......she sat on her butt all day till I came home from school then had me clean house so my dad would not say anything to her about the mess. I moved out when I finished high school. My dad had no clue who did the house work till I moved out.

Quote:
Sumatras also are black-skinned (at least some are).

I mentioned a Korean breed a few pages ago that was black everything including comb and wattles.

And bones, which is downright thorough of them.

Quote:
I was thinking about it, but I got four boards-worth of work done on the coop today (one of which was done after the rain started, so I soaked my work coat and everything beneath it right down to the skin) and Saturday needs to be a big push. It depends if I can get much work done tomorrow and Friday, when I'm on my own, just me and my wide selection of clamps.

I had to go out and put more wind-protection up for the Hamburgs tonight; I had sheet plastic under two layers of wire on their west wall, but the calves decided to try to eat it an I had to take it down. I do not understand calves, I really don't.

Quote:
Wow, the setting really affects the size the building appears to be. The first and last barn look huge! I love them all. I like the natural wood colors and silver metal roof best. Our neighbors got a green metal roof and when they had some work done, found that the green scratches off.

Quote:
No, not you sweetie.
Raintree.

Raintree is starving. No one is planting.
So they are having a sale.
Sad.

I'm supporting my local nursery for the same reasons. They are really hurting for the second year in a row, and I want to make sure they don't close for good. I bought a bunch of veggie starts today as the ones I started either dampened off of died from shock when I moved them outdoors.

Quote:
Wow, the setting really affects the size the building appears to be. The first and last barn look huge! I love them all. I like the natural wood colors and silver metal roof best. Our neighbors got a green metal roof and when they had some work done, found that the green scratches off.

Does the silver darken over time?

Quote:
My hens are wierd - they chase after me when I am on the lawn tractor! No Fear!

What is the yuckiest leftovers you can think of warmed up? That is what this cold is making me feel like! It has taken over most of my body and I feel like garbage.
BUT... the picture of a bunch of fluffy waddleing/running hens chasing after you on the lawn mower made me smile and gave me a much need chuckle! Thanks! I needed that!
smile.png

Glad I could help!
smile.png
I'm feeling the same - if this place ever dries out I'll have one of the kids run the video camera when I mow!

I really need to mow now, but the mud is thicker and nastier than it has ever been before between the garden shed and the only hunk of green lawn I have left. The rest has turned to swamp land. This morning DH and I were discussing how we might build a bridge over the muck to get the tractor and trailer out so we can haul the gravel we bought to dump over the mud - need to find a way to the chicken coop that does not involve losing shoes in the ever growing pools of mud now with thick grees matts of algae in the deeper puddles, and real ripe with the smell of stagnant water with decaying plant material and chicken poo. The only reason why I'm not afraid there might be a crocodile hiding in there somewhere is because the weather here is too darn cold for them, or they'd be here feeding on human legs that get trapped in the mud and chickens!

CL I don't recommend doing a cut like mine in the first pic. It really takes a lot of the nice ring out. I would recommend like the second one. Also how they ring has a lot to do with what is inside to ring them and what is on the bottom to catch the wind. I bet I could make it sound nice for ya and if not I still have some for sale!!!!
gig.gif

23104_008.jpg

23104_014.jpg

Quote:
It depepends on the materials used. We have had ours for 9 years and it looks the same as the day it was put on. I'm not sure what brand we have, but it is a triclad with all 3 metals being silver-toned. I love it - guaranteed to last 75 years and ZERO maintenance! I was told it may oxidize a bit, but I have seen no sign of that at all. Another neighbor also had a silver metal roof on, but his was clad over copper (I assume it must have been a lot more costly than ours with that metal!) The silver coating on his started to wear off about 3 years ago, and now it is full of long splotches of various color - bright copper where the copper was recently exposed, dark brown where the copper has started to oxidize, hints of green patina and strips of silver. I think it looks kind of cool, but he hates it and is very upset about it. Our roof was rated for 75 mph winds, but we get higher than that here at times, one area of our house acts as a wind-tunnel during storms and a section of roof peeled off while the house was underconstruction. We had the entire edge screwed down, and it is now rated somewhere in the 100's for wind. We are exposed on a ridge overlooking the Middlefork Valley, and we have big overhangs where the roof is exposed from the underside, so it can really get a lot of wind on it. The roof is very noisy in high winds and hail, but I love it. In real strong storms, I sometimes have to go to the basement and sleep as it can get too noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom