Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You know, they are nasty little critters but so dang cute!! I guess that's why they've been able to become part of the urban culture; Some people just love to see them and feed them.
rant.gif

A lady in our neighborhood raises orphaned raccoons. She then releases some of them here and they become pests. She released 72 one year! They have learned that 2 big dogs live on our place and stopped coming around. I'm afraid now that there are chickens here they might become a problem again. Hopefully they are not brazen enough to come out during the day.

Does anyone know if they can climb chain link?

FYI:
I had a girlfriend in CA that raised an orphaned coon in her home.
The critter watched her make MrCoffee every morning & then pack her lunch & then she locked him in a big crate & went to work.
One morning she was super sick with a flu, shut off the alarm, and went back to sleep.
Rascal, who slept in a ball at her feet, woke up, went to the kitchen, pored coffee all over the counter & sat there waiting for it to brew...then he proceeded to make a mess making a lunch with saran wrap & fruit, and when she woke up hours later the little booger had made such a mess trying to help!

Quote:
GOOD FOR YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KICK BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make sure you shoot a really UGLY color too!!
I would love to shoot something really stinky too!
can you inject smelly stuff into a paint ball via syringe????????????
somad.gif

Quote:
A lady in our neighborhood raises orphaned raccoons. She then releases some of them here and they become pests. She released 72 one year! They have learned that 2 big dogs live on our place and stopped coming around. I'm afraid now that there are chickens here they might become a problem again. Hopefully they are not brazen enough to come out during the day.

FYI:
The critter watched her make MrCoffee every morning & then pack her lunch & then she locked him in a big crate & went to work.
One morning she was super sick with a flu, shut off the alarm, and went back to sleep.
Rascal, who slept in a ball at her feet, woke up, went to the kitchen, pored coffee all over the counter & sat there waiting for it to brew...then he proceeded to make a mess making a lunch with saran wrap & fruit, and when she woke up hours later the little booger had made such a mess trying to help!

That is sooooooooooooooo cute!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Good Work!!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif

I made the monkey Bread last eve in my ducth oven..WOW it is so good!!
I used walnuts cuz I had some, instead of pecans.....and made myself a loaf of bread, too.
I scooped out the monket read into a shoe box sized Gladware.and took them out to DH who FLIPPED!!
He LOVES them & called them Monkey Balls, as they are loose little balls covered in cinnemon, butter, sugar (I used 1/2 splenda) and chopped walnuts...does look like donut holes.

Ogress you HAVE to make this for your family!!!

Good! I printed out the recipe when you posted it, and went to PCC while DD was at her harp lesson last night to get the tapioca starch (forgot the gelatin, but I can get that here). I told her that if you gave it a rave review, I would make it this weekend.

Another recipe I must find for her is for zucchini bread.

I went no gelatin, but the equal in xanthum gum.
At the end it (the dough) was a bit dry so did a few wet fingers of water..not too much or it gets sticky.
Let it rise 3X the time as the flour mix I use (home made) was heavy.
Balls rolled & dipped with space to grow & extra goo drizzled over the top, stuck the ducth oven in the oven & warmed.
It holds the humidity & warmth a long time...YUMMY!!!!!!!!
Sprayed my hands & finger tips with Pam Canola spray..and used 2X the amount of nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, monkey balls is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
Don can take a bunch for his breakfast, too!!
I will have tons of zuchinni soon...but not yet.

Eggs-zausted:: here a few pics during the pour when it wasn't pouring..........

50801_pour_001.jpg

TIGHT squeeze for the truck, but driver was awesome!!

50801_pour_002.jpg

Our crew: the contractor Kelly Barnum (Barnum Construction) and his wife, who is a doll & a hard worker.
They live down the road so she poured in her sweats so she could go directly home & strip, shower, get dinner going, and pick teens up for soccer & baseball and the daughters in cheer leading or something..HELL of a TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif

50801_pour_003.jpg

Everyone is gone now, the forward form set as the truck pulled forward, and it looks great!!!!!!!!!!

I need some Pink Floyd...cannot find it............
barnie.gif

I am so tired, I guess it must be mental exhaustion.
I feel like this after I finish a painting..that takes me weeks & months to finish.......drained.

Looks good! You are on your way!

Get some rest! Lot's of sun coming and you will need your strength! So much to do when the weather is nice out. I can't wait!!!!
wee.gif

Odd---I came home today and heard cheeping! I was trying to figure out what in the heck it was? I have no more chicken eggs due until next week....I thought maybe we had baby birds in the chimney pipe again...so DH was looking around and says--you have a chick in there! He's pointing to the cabinet incubator!

He then says, "that poor b*stard is stuck!"

I run over and sure enough--there is a BIG, FAT Golden Laced Cochin chick who hatched 5 days early, fell through (or out of) the turning rack on the top shelf and ended up headfirst, wedged in the second rack in one of the only (empty) turners on the second shelf.
th.gif

I just candled everything last night and took a bunch of quitters out, clear ones, etc and moved those due next week up front so I could easily put them into the hatching tray on Monday...I just couldn't believe it. And he was really STUCK.
roll.png
I manged to get him out and he's very feisty and HUGE! Oh and cute, too.
love.gif
He might be spraddled, though. So he's in a spare brooder right now drying off so I can access him in a few hours and see if I need to band-aid his legs.

I know he's offspring of Clementine--my favorite who had several lives....

Oh and then I thought I heard something else--and sure enough--a goose egg is pipped! I stopped turning them yesterday and they aren't due to hatch really until Saturday....but there's a little bill poking out of one!
celebrate.gif

Quote:

FYI:

Wow... that is such a cool/funny story!
Unfortunately, I know the coons we have around here won't be nice enough to just wrap the girls in saran wrap for lunch!
Hot wire is going in this weekend so that they don't have a chance to get to wise about getting at my chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom