Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Glad you are enjoying the birds. Too bad the little guy got pecked on. He will be bigger than them in no time and he will be a beauty too! Our blue cochin roo from that batch has started crowing, so it won't be long for your little guy! The two blue hens you have were hatched last spring, so they are about a year old, the black one was hatched last fall, early November. I still have the cuckoo olive egger roo and a black girlfriend to go with him if you want them, just let me know or the roo will be going in the freezer.
sad.png

Actually, if anyone want a cuckoo Olive Egger roo, let me know. I hatched out a lot these little olive eggers and I think I have 9 boys to my 5 girls! Unfortunately they will be going into the freezer as soon as they are old enough unless anyone wants one! Unfortunately the girls are all spoken for.

I also think I have two extra Serama roo's available. We are going to keep the 4 girls we have and 2 roo's to make two trio's, but have two extra boys. If anyone is interested let me know and I can try and take pic's of them. These were hatched from RedReiner's roo Larry and the two hen's she got from Jbear, I think one was chocolate and one was black.

I will also have some extra Black Split Orp roo's and a pair of Lav Orps. These range in age from 2-4 wks. I may also have an older trio of Lav Orps available soon that were hatched last August. Have to make more room for the Black Split's to grow out.

Let me know if anyone is interested in any of these and I will put you down on my list!

Okay, now let me get this straight. As I look at the girls, I see two black cochins and one gray/blue one that you said was "??Old English Game Bird??" or some such? Should I be noticing some kind of blue highlights in the black girls?

Ain't No Sunshine :

Quote:
Glad you are enjoying the birds. Too bad the little guy got pecked on. He will be bigger than them in no time and he will be a beauty too! Our blue cochin roo from that batch has started crowing, so it won't be long for your little guy! The two blue hens you have were hatched last spring, so they are about a year old, the black one was hatched last fall, early November. I still have the cuckoo olive egger roo and a black girlfriend to go with him if you want them, just let me know or the roo will be going in the freezer.
sad.png

Actually, if anyone want a cuckoo Olive Egger roo, let me know. I hatched out a lot these little olive eggers and I think I have 9 boys to my 5 girls! Unfortunately they will be going into the freezer as soon as they are old enough unless anyone wants one! Unfortunately the girls are all spoken for.

I also think I have two extra Serama roo's available. We are going to keep the 4 girls we have and 2 roo's to make two trio's, but have two extra boys. If anyone is interested let me know and I can try and take pic's of them. These were hatched from RedReiner's roo Larry and the two hen's she got from Jbear, I think one was chocolate and one was black.

I will also have some extra Black Split Orp roo's and a pair of Lav Orps. These range in age from 2-4 wks. I may also have an older trio of Lav Orps available soon that were hatched last August. Have to make more room for the Black Split's to grow out.

Let me know if anyone is interested in any of these and I will put you down on my list!

Okay, now let me get this straight. As I look at the girls, I see two black cochins and one gray/blue one that you said was "??Old English Game Bird??" or some such? Should I be noticing some kind of blue highlights in the black girls?​

The lighter blue girl is a bantam cochin x Old English Game Bantam cross. The other two girls are both bantam cochins. One is a dark blue and one is black. The black girl is shinier, green sheen in her feathers, solid black feathers and fluff. Look at the fluff on the other one, and it is a dark slate blue. She does not have good lacing though and is too dark in color, so not a good representation of a blue cochin. For show, they should be lighter in color with clear lacing. The mixed bird is closer to the correct coloring/lacing for blue, but blue can come in all shades of blue from very light to very dark.

Just went in to tuck my girls in and say good night. seem funny NOT having Susie in her corner. Thanks everybody for your Condolences (sp)

Tomorrow is a new day !!!!! still have 22 girls to take care of

Quote:
I am so sorry, Ron, it is okay to feel sad over a chicken. They have personalities and certain ones just find that specialk place in our heart. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Okay, sometime ago, someone. I truly do not remember who. Posted an Easy Spinach/Bacon Quiche. Made it tonight for dinner. Knowing my family, I made a double batch.

Whoever posted this (I am soooooo sorry I can't remember who) - my entire family absolutely loved it. It is so yummy. Love it.

Thank you for posting.

Quote:
No, Red, you are correct, rat and mouse bait is NEVER safe for pets. Let me tell you as an emergency room veterinary technician, there is no such thing as a rat, mouse, gopher, slug, snail or mole bait that is safe for pets, even if it is labeled as such.

The rat and mouse baits that make the rodents bleed to death internally does the same thing to dogs and cats. It doesn't matter if they are "bruised" or not from crawling through small spaces, it will make them spontaneously bleed internally and they will die if not treated early enough.

The other type of rat and mouse bait (active ingredient is bromethalin) causes neurologic symptoms and does not affect clotting ability. Once a pet shows neuro symptoms from ingesting this type of rat bait there is nothing that can be done for them, it is not reversible like the anticoagulant type can be.

While we're on the subject, the slug bait that says "safe for pets" ISN'T. I don't know how many dogs our ER clinic has treated for ingesting that type of slug bait...
barnie.gif

Just for the record. I do have a slug bait that is safe for everyone else....
....take a cool whip bowl...fill it about 1/2 full of beer. submerge the bowl in the ground partially, try to cover with room to get under the cover...SLUGS LOVE BEER. They fall in and drown. This is great slug bait.

Is this Washington version of Tequila?
Did you give the slugs to your chickens?
gig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom