Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
It got dark before I gave up for the night. I have the exterior just about finished. Only thing left is one clear out door, and I'll save that for last cuz that's how I get in and out of the darn thing
smile.png
Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be good. If true, I'll post pictures early.

Dave

One of the kennels arrived this morning. I started putting it together, and realized they hadn't sent me a preassembled gate. They'd sent me gate parts. I go to Petco's online live chat. Instead of saying they'll send me a gate ASAP, the agent basically says they'll have to talk to their supplier about the misrepresentation. I reread the reviews for the product. Apparently, it's a crapshoot whether or not a buyer will get the promised preassembled gate. Returning the 150 lb package to my local Petco is an option, but getting it in and out of the car would be really hard. I decided to call my local Petco instead. The manager, Daniel, offered to come to my house on his day off to assemble the gate for me. That's above and beyond the call of duty. As much as I appreciated his offer, I said I'd prefer he check to see if he had any, with the gate, in stock. He did. I gave him my tangle of wires and poles, he gave me a gate. I wonder what will happen tomorrow when the second kennel arrives. Maybe I should refuse to accept it. Daniel has tomorrow off. I guess I'll just wait until he's in the store again, and talk about getting another gate from him.

Quote:
Sad. tell your mom to use a flyswatter next time.

She's 81, on dialysis, hands shake, and totally paranoid about evil killer flies. Drives me crazy in many ways, murdering chicks is a new one, though.

Quote:
Sad. tell your mom to use a flyswatter next time.

She's 81, on dialysis, hands shake, and totally paranoid about evil killer flies. Drives me crazy in many ways, murdering chicks is a new one, though.

hugs.gif

At least hide the raid.

Quote:
Is this Washington version of Tequila?
Did you give the slugs to your chickens?
gig.gif

I never thought of doing that. Drunk chickens? Hmmmm, that would be funny.

But really, it is a great slug method removal. Take a cool whip bowl, partially burry it in the dirt in your garden. If it is raining....place rocks around the burried bowel, then on top of the rocks place a small piece of board. Fill the cool whip bowl half way full of beer. Now sit back and wait for the slugs. They fall in and drown. I use this method almost every year. But....

....I have never give the slugs to the chickens. Wonder if it would be okay to do. I think they would love them. The beer would be flat by them. On a serious note...would the alcohol be out by then?

ETA: Oh... we love the REAL teuilla, here in WA state. Not going for the fake stuff.
gig.gif

as a ornery kid I used to beer bait cheap party plastic bowls on july 3rd.....
july 4th I would then poor extra beer out after slug party....
then flip bowl of drunk slugs over on top a M-80
lite and run...
ya get the idea
wink.png

I round up snails and slugs when I'm in the yard... (old used paper drink cup from coffee or soda)
then dump all into the chicken pen...
they love eating them...

I crushed the snail shells at first but after that I have not seen a slug or snail in my back yard since... I'll even tip over or move stuff so the girls can get the bugs under.

Ain't No Sunshine :

Quote:
I will have to look through my stuff and see if I have any hens left. I think I do but not sure. Refresh my memory did you get the small ($5) or the large ($20) rooster.

Large $20... Are you not making them anymore?​

Yes I am still making them just got a bit behind with all thats been going on around here.

Ron So sorry to hear about your feathered friend. I hate to skip out on ya buddy but I have already been commissioned to a very large to do. However I could sing via cell phone and then you could hold the phone up to a PA mike. Not that the other gig is more important than yours but I have already collected the $*,***,***.00
So I am committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom