Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Monroe Farm Supply has there set up all done. So I called and Rory took 10 of my black Marans x Black Copper Marans.
I think he said he was going to ask $6.99 ea.
There getting them to trickle in.
Being the first farm supply store to get some chicks in I think he will have no problem getting rid of them.

Sorry to hear about the foot Rustler, OUCH!
Good to hear about the incubator though.

Oh yea, Rory also asked if I could bring in hatching eggs for them too - from time to time.
I guess that often people ask for them and nobody stocks them so I was going to try that for them?
Dunno' but I'll give it a shot.
Mike

Well back to cleanin' up, around here.

Quote:
Hey Mike. If I want to hatch some of Pinky and the girls eggs before he is not with me anymore, how do I do it.... I mean, how do I store the eggs until hatching time. I thought you would be the best one to ask about that. Oh, and for how long?

weaveagarden
me in Farmsville
caf.gif
My wife says I spend way TOO much time on BYC
rant.gif
I would be in big trouble ifI started to farm too
Well going out to count eggs
yippiechickie.gif
and to let the girls run wild
wee.gif
:weee

How irritating: I just typed up this whole response and suddenly it vanished! Ugg.

Well, if you happen to visit Hoquiam make sure you do not "tether" your chickens in the street or let your "ass ... be at large (good thing that "at" word is in there or I would be in trouble
wink.png
) at any time" in the alleys of this fine city. Both activities are prohibited. And Rainplace: ducks and geese that are "domestic and not wild" are also illegal. Apparently it is okay to keep wild waterfowl.
hu.gif

Anyone know how to move a 10x10 shed? I need to move it about 30 feet. I can probably fit a small forklift type vehicle throught the gate, but no trucks. My coop apparently is violating the setback requirements. My neighbors hate my chickens, especially my perfectly legal roosters. This is the only thing they could complain about. I'm thinking maybe I need a whole flock of roosters with their own sound amplification system in a coop equipped with lights that come on at 2am. All perfectly legal....
big_smile.png
But first, gotta move the coop. Any ideas?

suburbanchick,

There's a few ways to do so. Easiest for you is probably lifting it and placing round logs or 2x4s, then getting friends to help push/pull the shed.

I'd happily donate a few roosters for your project. Sincere offer, btw.
big_smile.png

Looking for anyone who might be interested in a Black Copper Maran cockerel (Bev Davis line) - not quite 4 months old, not crowing yet. Beautiful guys, but I cannot have roosters where I am and the gals who were going to take them had to back out. I have three beautiful boys, all able to be handled and get along well with our hens and even the ducks.

Bless,
Tris

Quote:
Well my LG already had the wafer type thermostat. So basically I just changed out the that part. The wafer just screws on the bottom of the adjustment lever. I am so happy with the way mine is running now. The span from on to off is .4* yes point 4 as in 4 tenths.

The count is on. I set 14 eggs in the bator today for a trial run. I figure one of three things will happen. They will go bad and splode, they will hatch or I will cook em.

And as for you Mr. Ron and yer bleached egg layers. This winter When it was so cold my brown layers did drop to a day or 2 of 7/15 but at the same time my DN had 8 bleached chickens that were doing a whopping 1-2 blaeched eggs. White is white but our browns come in a lot of fun shades.
thumbsup.gif

suburbanchickchick.. do ya have any trees in front of where you need to go with the coop? if so take 2-3 wraps with a heavy strap (not chain or cable) and then hook a come along or portable winch. If no trees bury a "deadman" anchor point and hook to it. Wish I was closer I could do that for ya in probably less than an hour.

Last edited:
suburbanchickchick
I type with TWO fingers (one on each hand) Your name is too long for me.
barnie.gif
So from now on I will address You as S.C.C.
frow.gif
hope ya don't mind

My large ass is ALWAYS in trouble so I better stay out of Hoquiam. Give us more detail on your 10x10 shed. what is it built on 4X4"s ??

Chicken rustler
Well brown and white eggs EAT the SAME so to me MORE is BETTER
tongue2.gif

I already have my FOUR WHITE EGGS for today. I am WAITING on TWO brown ones to go 9/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom