Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Welcome
welcome-byc.gif

I am kinda a newbie, but went to the show on Saturday and met alot of cool people, everyone was so friendly. I am new to the polish as my daughters want to show the polish I have 4 baby chicks that are I do not even know the color. lol But I am learning I just joined the Polish Breeders Club there is alot of info so here I hope this helps as I am learning and new.
BtW my name is Monica nice to meet you.
http://www.polishbreedersclub.com/

Welcome and feel free to email me we can learn together!
big_smile.png

WA4-Hpoultrymom
Hi I sure will , I guess I need to start a list. I do have one hen and one rooster from eggs I got last year, I put two in with the others.
Its going to be awhile like Sept or so. But I will let you know.

alright. so now my broody light brahma has me confused. it has sat on the eggs (that i kept adding till yesterday from friday) i had her on 11 eggs, she had stopped laying. but today she laid an egg..... so is she broody or not? i thought they are not supposed to lay.... its missing its brest feathers... i removed a bantm egg and put it under the banty that is broody so it has 3 eggs to keep it happy.... but yeah.... this is my first time with broody..... today it took over a 30 minute break before it went back into the nest..

Quote:
Wow you go Illia
thumbsup.gif
Please put me on your list for eggs and or chicks I would prefer chicks!
droolin.gif
My daughters are each going to show 2 different breeds of chickens Polish being 1 and so now I am in need of not hatchery chicks. So put me on a list
fl.gif

Keep us all posted to how your hatch goes I will pray that each and every one hatches!

EVERY egg those Tolbunts lay will be sold or hatched and sold or kept, so don't worry. . . You have a spot on the list.
wink.png
The moment they come of age I'll be breeding them with my current Silver Laced to improve a couple things, for one fertility - So those will be much cheaper. Also, I'll be breeding them with each other, making them expensive, but not as expensive as what I paid.
wink.png

And yes, my $163 white eggs are the Tolbunt Polish.
smile.png

Quote:
Yeah the most my mom would even pay is $60 per dozen for Marans eggs. . . She said she's glad I paid for those eggs though, and certainly looks forward to their adulthood.
smile.png

Quote:
I just got my bees saturday and checked today to see if they had accepted the Queen. Well they must have because she was gone from the cage and the hive is working.
celebrate.gif
They are already making honey. I kind of cheated I was given frames that had drawn comb on them so my girls had a bit of a head start.
hide.gif

So I found the Tolbunt Polish-interesting birds.
I got a free Polish chick when I ordered 25 light brahma from Murray McMurray last spring, and had a brahma roo so I gave the little polish chick to my mother in law, and she loves him.
He looked like he had googles of scrambled egg.
I love the Silver Spangled Appenzeller-Spitzhauben !
What a cool looking chicken, huh ?

Quote:
Did you ever try improvement with crossbreeding? It has been a new trend now in which people will take golden laced or silver laced Polish to improve both fertility and color. Tolbunts are fraile due to severe inbreeding.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom