Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a QUESTION?????????????????? Thank You :)

I have made the decision to take several of my hens and a Roo to the auction in Enumclaw
hit.gif
.... I was wondering how does the process work..? I tried to find info online but I must be daft because I couldn't locate any info other than address and phone number? Do I just take the Birds up to the auction the day of the sale or can I take them before??? Ive been up there a few times just to look but never to sell. Thanks for the help guys.
You take them the day of sale. For the most part I suggest getting the birds there soon after they open rather than waiting until the end. Also make sure that you have your birds in containers you don't want back. See they sell the birds in what ever you bring them. Most people use cardboard boxes with plenty of air holes.

Congratulations, Ren! So glad it worked out and you got your precious babies!
yesss.gif
jumpy.gif

Welcome to all the new folks! Stick around a while, you'll find some very lovely people happy to help with advice and many other things. Best part is we're all crazy for chickens!

gig.gif

She can be outside during the day.

Cool, thank you. We will definitely do that then. The dog-carrier switch is going to happen later today.

G'morning, all.

Do any of you kind people have access to a weather site that lists year-to-date and month-to-date accumulated precipitation?

For some reason all the ones I can find are obsessed with temperature and have dumped wind and precip information, both of which are much more useful in talking about daily weather impacts.

I fear it's more evidence that the clueless suburbanites are taking over.

Thanks, I'd already found that; what it apparently doesn't have is an actual list of precipitation amounts: false color maps are useful for some things, but data tables are what I'm looking for.

All NOAA related sites have undergone a recent update which makes them less intuitive and navigable; the Recent Earthquakes one is even worse.

Last edited:
G'morning, all.

Do any of you kind people have access to a weather site that lists year-to-date and month-to-date accumulated precipitation?

For some reason all the ones I can find are obsessed with temperature and have dumped wind and precip information, both of which are much more useful in talking about daily weather impacts.

Here is another Not sure if it has what you are looking for.
http--www.wunderground.com-radar-radblast.aspID=RTX

I like the honey idea for staying on meats better on the grill. Thought some of you might want this............................
http://howellshomestead.blogspot.com/

Honey Barbecue Sauce

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup local honey(you can sub. cane syrup, or maple as well)
1 medium chopped yellow onion or 4 tablespoons minced
2 tablespoons chilli powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 teaspoon tomato paste or ketchup
1 tablespoon hot sauce optional

Just add all the ingredients in a saucepot on medium heat, and let cook, stirring occassionally until it is the thickness you want. Don't be afraid to tweak the ingredients to your personal liking, this is a difficult recipe to mess up! I have added everything from lemon juice for a bit more tang, to extra honey, and it always turns out great! It is soooo very delicious to make baked beans using this sauce. I like to make it thin for meats on the grill. With the honey, it sticks really well instead of all just sliding off the meat into the coals, so a little goes a long way! I hope those of you who try this enjoy it as much as we do. My family won't let me buy sauce anymore, they want the homemade "good stuff." That's the best compliment a cook can get : )

Posted by Cindi Howell at 5:48 PM 3 comments:

Can this be boiling water canned?

G'morning, all.

Here is another Not sure if it has what you are looking for.
http--www.wunderground.com-radar-radblast.aspID=RTX

Thanks, CR, it looks as if the new NWS (which is commerce, and not NOAA, I had forgotten: started of as part of the Coast Guard) format has skunked up all of the weather sites I'd been using previously: there seem to be no easily accessible lists nor tables of precipitation records. I filled out the feedback form on the NWS site but I doubt it'll help much.

I suspect I'll need to replace the weather station I'd set up that got hammered by the '96 ice storm. Appropriate this month, I suppose, in memory of the 50th anniversary of the Columbus Day Storm, where weather records are fuzzy because so much equipment was destroyed.

Last edited:
FREE RAILROAD TIES (MAPLE LEAF)

[rule]Date: 2012-10-15, 9:23AM PDT Reply to this post [email protected] [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP] [rule] I have RAILROAD TIES for FREE and CONCRETE BLOCKS also for FREE. RAIL ROAD TIES are in good to so so conditions 8'ft long.
3Kc3F13J75K65Ha5M5cafbae541640bbc1b38.jpg
[FLOAT=LEFT]

[/FLOAT]
(drools) One more argument for cheap commercial teleportation: I'm out of railroad ties, and need to build both raised beds and stairs like Rainwolf's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom