Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We raised Koi for years, and other fish, and are extremely experienced at filtration systems, et, cetra...we have designed pond systems from 2700 gallons to 5000 gallons and delt with 15 -20 spawning tanks...., ahhhh, the water testing, the simple simple ....never mind, I do not even want to go into the nightmare that can happen on a daily basis with fish...megabucks, all powered and filtrated by electricity...$$$
I thought chickens a better deal: at least they would not require electricity...and we have 18 solar panels !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Very nice boat. But it won't do in the Cowlitz gotta have a sled with a jet pump. It is very shallow in places.

no, we have an aluminum boat too
1.gif
, but still a V hull....
I think we are going to commute to and put in at Westport tomorrow.....

Last edited:
Quote:
Very nice boat. But it won't do in the Cowlitz gotta have a sled with a jet pump. It is very shallow in places.

no, we have an aluminum boat toohttp://bestsmileys.com/sleeping/1.gif, but still a V hull....
I think we are going to commute to and put in at Westport tomorrow.....

Regarding the smoking of the fish:
lau.gif
I almost wrote the same thing, but then had second thoughts...didn't know if it was just my own warped humor and no one else would get it. LOL.

Ever fished in the Okanogan area? We have a TON of lakes...but also in the river I hear that the Steelhead are really going to be big this year - lots. We have an 18' pontoon boat and we just love it.

I just realized I do not have very many photos of the side of the boat...this is actually one of the best, even though DH and the deer are in the way. And yes he is feeding her (should not be)...but she tried to steal the peach pie off of our picnic table. Long story short...he fed her a couple of peaches. This is up in Conconully and, unfortunately for them, a lot of the deer have become very tame. She had two fawns hiding in the tall grass. So here is a side shot of the boat:
56740_2010_conconully_trip_044.jpg

Inside the boat, we love it. Fits all of us great and is fun to fish from.
56740_2010_conconully_trip_032.jpg

Now a chicken comment. I am up to 6 eggs a day.....
woot.gif
Gonna have to reward the girls with a treat.

Last edited:
I think I've got a girl with a broken wing... or maybe broken wishbone? I've found her on her back, unable to get up a couple times this past week and am worried about her. I brought her in and kept her in a box the other day... She seems fine once I get her up, but one of these days... poor Stephanie!

Quote:
poor baby girl. How would this have happened? Can you take her to the vet?

Well, the first time I found her, she was under the roost so I'm guessing she somehow fell off and landed wrong. Do you think the vet would be expensive?

Quote:
Yeah I'd say take her to the vet or something. . . Have you ever tried carefully touching areas, feeling for heat or soft spots? (or spots she reacts to)

hugs.gif

Quote:
poor baby girl. How would this have happened? Can you take her to the vet?

Well, the first time I found her, she was under the roost so I'm guessing she somehow fell off and landed wrong. Do you think the vet would be expensive?

Vet costs will vary on what needs to be done. If they do x-rays, yes, it will be spendy. I had a hen I spent $100 on but she still died. But, I can say that I did everything in my power to help her. She had some sort of respiratory infection ... I just really don't know.

Call and find out the basic office charge and explain to them you are on a tight budget (even if you are not) and ask them everything they are doing and explain to you how important that test is. Maybe she just hurt a muscle or something.

Quote:
Yeah I'd say take her to the vet or something. . . Have you ever tried carefully touching areas, feeling for heat or soft spots? (or spots she reacts to)

hugs.gif

Well, I've felt around her, tried opening wings and stuff. I think she has some type of bone protruding around where her crop is. That's why I was thinking maybe wishbone...

Quote:

hugs.gif

Well, I've felt around her, tried opening wings and stuff. I think she has some type of bone protruding around where her crop is. That's why I was thinking maybe wishbone...

OH, that is awful. I think, if you can, I would take her to the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom