Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Well, I've felt around her, tried opening wings and stuff. I think she has some type of bone protruding around where her crop is. That's why I was thinking maybe wishbone...

OH, that is awful. I think, if you can, I would take her to the vet.

Yeah, I think I'll call there in a few minutes and see what they say. I know they do take care of birds, so chickens are probably similar enough.

Quote:
OH, that is awful. I think, if you can, I would take her to the vet.

Yeah, I think I'll call there in a few minutes and see what they say. I know they do take care of birds, so chickens are probably similar enough.

Let us all know how it goes. I am sorry.

LaSombra that is awful, maybe you could sleeve her...you cut the toe and knee out of a nylon stocking, and pull it over her head...trim so she can poo, and leave little 'tabs' on the bottom so you can tie it together so it will not slide off...it is the only way I know of that holds the wing still...a vet sure can show you how to do it, hopefully she is not too busted up !
Toomany: Love the pontoon boat !
We looked all over a few years ago to get one, they are so much fun on lakes.
DH wants to sell this fiberglass boat, it has beautiful interior and new paint, and it is not meant for fishing...I landed a 20 pound catfish last year on the engine hatch and the fish popped 4 or 5 holes right through the upolstry...darn it !!!
Then we get fish baite/guts/food/chicken liver/herring and crab drippings all over it.
It was made for touring and pulling skiiers.
We want a sled !!!!!
When we ever sell our house out of state, we will 1) build a house here
lol.png

and 2) buy a sled AND a truck to pull it with

Quote:
20 lb catfish...Oh my....then to pop holes in upholstry...dang. We fell into this one. It is immaculate and is a 2003, we paid $10,500 for it. Many people passed it up because it didn't look like it was booking out....people didn't know (neither did we at the time) that to book it out they then need to add the price of the trailer and motor...they book separately on pontoon boats. We feel we got a good deal and we are having a blast. Kids will use it as a "dock" when we go out in the lake next year for swimming. Sleds are nice too though.

I guess I better get in the car and take my Mom and Dad some salmon...get some shopping done, try to find and stock up on straw and feed...and get some work done, hope all goes well for Stephanie.
hugs.gif

And 2many: when we get a couple more fish we will take them to Old swede George next door to my parents in Elma who has a giant smoker and he will smoke our fish...he like vine maple, I like applewood or alder...vine maple is expensive. I have 1 large tree that was killed by a big spruce we had to fall, so that wood is sitting there.
Later guys~~~what icky wierd weather !
idunno.gif

Quote:
20 lb catfish...Oh my....then to pop holes in upholstry...dang. We fell into this one. It is immaculate and is a 2003, we paid $10,500 for it. Many people passed it up because it didn't look like it was booking out....people didn't know (neither did we at the time) that to book it out they then need to add the price of the trailer and motor...they book separately on pontoon boats. We feel we got a good deal and we are having a blast. Kids will use it as a "dock" when we go out in the lake next year for swimming. Sleds are nice too though.

Sleds better in the rough or shallow water...and where we are we have tides constantly going in or out and high and then you can be left high and dry in the mud flats all around you for miles when the tides go out !
That is so embarrassing to have to sit in your boat on it's side for 6 hours waiting for the tide to come back...would drive DH crazy but not me, I bring a good book !!!
lol.png

Pontoons are so awesome to take on summer trips, you can dive off them and easy to get back on...I have seen so many that are 20+ feet long and they have as many people on them, music playing, card game going, barbeque cooking all the while cruising along on the lake.
I saw one guy live on one, he built a little 8x8 cabin in the middle...and just floated around, docked here and there.

Illia: are you planning to raise tillapia ? They grow so fast and are good eating, much better than trout, and are not hypersensitive to nitrogen levels, which are necessary if you are hydrophonically feeding plants.
They grow really really fast !

called the vet. The vet who does birds is not in the office today, but I gave my name and number and they'll call me back. Looks like the exam is only $35, but I don't know what other costs there will be to fix whatever is wrong... I think she can wait for tomorrow for the vet to be in, since she's waited this long already. I might want to give her a bath in the meantime. She was stuck under the roost for who knows how long and is rather dirty
sad.png

Quote:
Yup. Tillapia I will be raising.

Ahah, I just finished a beautiful pairing in the breeding pen today. . .

Black Copper Marans

Fzwartroodberken.JPG

X

Duckwing diluted Blue Barred Araucana

blauwgeelkoekoek.JPG

=

30% chance Barred Copper Olive Egger
love.gif

Fzwartroodberkenkoekoek.JPG

zwartroodberkenkoekoek.JPG

Quote:
I don't know if you would want to use as a broody box...but someone posted and this is what I use....Covered cat litter boxes. I took the little flappy door thing off and there is a filter in the top - I took that out to let air come in and out better. They were lilke $10...you may even find one for nothing at a yard sale. Even my big-butted BRs can get in them. They love them, they were cheap and easy.

Quote:
I don't know if you would want to use as a broody box...but someone posted and this is what I use....Covered cat litter boxes. I took the little flappy door thing off and there is a filter in the top - I took that out to let air come in and out better. They were lilke $10...you may even find one for nothing at a yard sale. Even my big-butted BRs can get in them. They love them, they were cheap and easy.

I have one of those in the newer coop and I've got at least 5 layers using it. Sometimes, 2 or 3 get in there at once. It's nice and roomy. Most of them still use the regular nests, but this is a good one for my cochins and BCM
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom