Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Note to self: send Fowl to a marketing class.
lau.gif

Quote:
No chicken is ever too skinny to be eaten.....
tongue.png
We just made soup out of our aggressive roos. They started chasing the kids around the yard. That was it, down came the axe
pop.gif
I could've put up with them trying to attack me but not the kids.

Hmmmm..... you are all making me very paranoid. I just started letting the chickens out all day -free ranging- and my dog is usually out all day as well. I am trying to decide if i should just keep the chickens in their tractor, which is a hard decision because we all love seeing them run all over the yard. And they obviously like it, too. In the morning they are all pressed up against the door of the tractor waiting for me to open it.

He is a 12 yr old mixed, but giant breed. Pretty much doesn't want to do much of anything these days, he sleeps a lot. When we got the chickens I let him sniff and look at them and he got treats for laying down/sitting and being good around them. I told him they were his babies and he needed to watch out for them (not sure if he got it, but it felt right to say it). Anyway, he still does well with commands like "sit", "down" , "stay". We used to have a runt of a cat who was his best friend and she died last summer. He seems happier to have company again. Uh, what do they call that, when you place a human emotion on an animal? Oh, who knows what he really feels, but when the weather is nice he is right out in the yard with them. The only thing I have seen him do is herd them back into the tractor (mouth closed and head down, not running, almost nudging). I would say he looks like a giant retriever, but when he was in training they thought he looked like a St. Bernard and Bernese MT dog. Just big, 140 lbs. Big, big, big.

Port Orchardites and surrounding places.... where can I get really AWESOME deals on feed and grains in bulk (besides X-cel in Tacoma). Just curious what all is out there for me to mix n blend. Thanks!

Selena

I don't know but if you find something good let me know. Not totally happy giving my girls pellets. They don't really like them that much. I give them weeds and salad cuttings to keep them happy. I gotta move them in the back yard where there is a large area of grass and weeds they can pick thru.

Quote:
Sounds like he's safe with them to me, but again better safe than sorry. Being as he's 12 he may not chase them or hurt them. I think most dogs kill chickens when they're playing with them.

Quote:
Note to self: send Fowl to a marketing class.
lau.gif

Jenn, some things just aren't worth sugar - coating
tongue.png

I've been around business students way too long.
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom