Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yep, really good info! I love how it also has Wheaten and Lavender.
smile.png

Jersey Giants are really nice - Very large, very sweet, and very prolific.

I'm picking up my first batch of chicks in the morning. I'm a little nervous, but very excited. The brooder is ready and warm. I'm getting three different breeds and hope they all get along. Araucanas, Rhode Island Red and Plymouth Rocks. Hopefully they will all be hens. I heard that even when you get them in pullet, you could still end up with a rooster. We will see. I feel like a new mother!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
! You will feel like a new mother.
smile.png
Not as much as when hatching your own eggs, but quite close. Curious, are these real Araucanas or did you get them at a feedstore? Either way, I always ike seeing people's Araucanas or Easter Eggers.
smile.png

Speaking of new mother. . . My eggs were just peeping at me!!! Aaaahhhh!!! I'm SO excited I don't think I'll get sleep tonght!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

By tomorrow, perhaps midday or something, I should expect pips. . . I'm so excited. I hope ALL my Marans make it. My Ameraucanas too of course, but especially my Marans.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
darnit! I haven't been getting the emails for this thread
sad.png
I was wondering why nobody was posting cause usually there are multiple posts per day on here, so looked for it myself. Yep, I've been missing out the past few days
hit.gif

OK here is something that I was told yesterday and I DO NOT know any details or how true but thought I would throw it out and see if any body else has heard of this. I was told that there is a bill in the works (S-510 I think). I was told that if passed this bill would make it illegal for any person in the UNITED STATES to grow thier own food !!!! I don't know any more and am not trying to stir things up just sharing what I was told so others can also check on it if they want.
Rob

Quote:
OMG - I am drooling!! BF and I decided that we cannot have any more chickens but this is the one we would make an exception for. Ya gotta let me know if you end up with any you would like to sell.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
bow.gif
:fl:fl

I already posted this in the health area but was wondering if any of you knew.
This egg came from a Rhode Island White. She is about a year old and very healthy (or so i though).
It looks like little mini eggs clustered together (calcium?).

48514_p1050342.jpg

48514_p1050347.jpg

48514_p1050350.jpg

Quote:
OMG - I am drooling!! BF and I decided that we cannot have any more chickens but this is the one we would make an exception for. Ya gotta let me know if you end up with any you would like to sell.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
bow.gif
:fl:fl

Whatever chicks that hatch out will most likely all be kept, but the offspring will be swapped with other breeders, kept, and maybe sold. I'm going to work on crossing them to my current Silver Laced Polish. It is better to use Gold, but I don't have any, and Silver crossing creates gold, so I'll use the gold back to the Tolbunts and see how that turns out. Should improve their color and genetics.

Krazycricket, yep, I'd say those are some serious calcium deposits on that there egg!!!!

Illia, good luck with your hatch!!! Hope you have lots of little chickies running around soon!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

We candled last night on day 6, and had 13 questionable eggs out of 52, which I was pretty happy with. I've left them all in just in case, and will pull out the no-shows next time around. Hatch day is 2 weeks from today, April 2nd!!!!

So far we have:
6/7 of our own black banty cochins
1/2 partridge bantam cochins (LMEggs)
14/16 BBS bantam cochins (LMEggs)
4/12 lavender bantam cochins (JamesA)
4/4 LF black cochins (JamesA)
6/7 BLRW (okiehen)
4/4 Blue Andalusian (okiehen)

Tamara

Last edited:
Quote:
Infact I think that is a good sign.
I get that from time to time, sometimes it is all together.
You should find that egg hard to crack. More times than not it will happen again a couple of times before it goes completely away.

1 More thing ( not related )
I got a new GQF cabinet incubator W/Glass door yesterday. That makes 2.
Also got my first Jumbo pheasant egg yesterday.
Yesterday was a good day!!!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom