Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ, I probably did the other 2 posts as well.
big_smile.png

I have had collibaciliosis for what must be 3 months now ?
I finally found the bleach water solution and this is the only thing that has worked.
http://www.westvet.com/collibacilliosis.htm
Incidently for all to know, Dr.Dhillon who did this research and wrote the article, is an avian veterinarian at the WSU avaina health labs in Puyallup and works side by side with Dr. Rocio Crespo who does the necropsies there.
I spoke with Dr. Crespo just a few days ago to let her know that this bleach water solution worked for me...we had several birds die and the lab cultures were all e.coli...........no other disease present at all.
They even did a secondary culture, histiopathy (sp?) and still got nothing but e.coli.
I have the lab reports for anyone who wants to read them, just PM me.
I am a bleach-packing mama now, eveything is bleached and scrubbed !!!
The throw rugs in my cabin are studded with bleached boot prints.

I hate it when somehow it I get unsubscribed to a thread. How is your well coming along. Is the sand a big problem? Can you sleeve the well to keep the sand from falling in?

We have sucked out as much sand/clay as we could, and the drill would not go through the shale layer, so we stuck the casing in and poured #2 sand around it, and the last 2 days Gary has sucked muddy water out, and it is getting nice and clean...but not hordes of it.
We have to hook up our above-ground (shallow well) pump, and pressure tank and see what happens...Gary is off getting more fittings and some pipe.
Greg: I told him you wanted a list of items and cost and he said OK...and now for the important stuff:::::
The Zuchinnis have invaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.png

Here is the recipe you have all been waiting for !!!
What do you do with all those pesky zuchinnis that invade our fridges and kitchen counters this time of year ????
Tired of trying to get your family to eat just one more of the pesky annoying blah squash ???
Here it is: The best thing since sliced bread says my Dad, and he outta know, he was there when sliced bread was invented !
***********************Zuchinni Crisp!!!******************** A great recipe for kids to make too !!!
50801_zuchinni_crisp_001.jpg

get a carrot peeler and skin a bunch of zuchinni and quarter and slice like pieces of apple, you need 8 cups of these, then add:
3/4 C lemon juice
2T cinnemon
1T nutmeg, and I sprinkle in allspice too...MIX, then grease a 13x9 pan and dump the suedo-squash in,
50801_zuchinni_crisp_003.jpg

Then in another bowl:
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1C oats
1 C flour (I use buckwheat)
2/3 C coldish butter
chop up with a pastry blender as shown
50801_zuchinni_crisp_002.jpg

Then pour on top, and bake at 350 til not so much bubbly, more dry, and browned on top.
50801_zuchinni_crisp_004.jpg

Hope this recipe comes out clear enough for you...and I realized my spice cabinet is in dire need of seasonal upgrading, I am out of cloves, nutmegs, ginger, and nuts.
Oh yeah, in the crumb topping, you can add nuts, walnuts are really good !!!
Alright, now eveyone eat your veggies, and no one will know it is not apples !!!
Serve with whipped cream, yogurt, cottage cheese or ice cream !!
big_smile.png

20.gif

The best part is how warm, and spicey and fall-ish this kind of dish in the oven will make your house smell.......mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Last edited:
Quote:
Cheryl,
Sorry you've been having so much going on...
We have 3 cars and only drive one.

If you're interested, we have a 1993 Isuzu Amigo 2WD. Nothing fancy or pretty, 2dr, Has a hard top, but also will give the soft top, oversized tires. Drives fine, is a bid loud. Manual, am/fm/cd (aftermarket). 107,200 miles. I'm sure we'd sell it for about $1100. Gets you from A to B.

The other car we don't use is a 1986 Nissan pick up 4wd (we keep it at 2wd), 77,000 miles, sunroof, canopy. We had some electrical probs we worked out. Seems fine but I don't have complete faith in the old car. Hubby probably wouldn't sell it for less than $2500 though.

PM or e-mail if you'd like more info...

Quote:
Cheryl,
Sorry you've been having so much going on...
We have 3 cars and only drive one.

If you're interested, we have a 1993 Isuzu Amigo 2WD. Nothing fancy or pretty, 2dr, Has a hard top, but also will give the soft top, oversized tires. Drives fine, is a bid loud. Manual, am/fm/cd (aftermarket). 107,200 miles. I'm sure we'd sell it for about $1100. Gets you from A to B.

The other car we don't use is a 1986 Nissan pick up 4wd (we keep it at 2wd), 77,000 miles, sunroof, canopy. We had some electrical probs we worked out. Seems fine but I don't have complete faith in the old car. Hubby probably wouldn't sell it for less than $2500 though.

PM or e-mail if you'd like more info...

I'll pass this on to my husband. And then PM you. He should be home around 3:30 or so.

Thanks!

Hello - Newbie here...well relatively...Finally got my ducks out of the bathroom and into the run just today. They won't go near the duck house of course. But it was 33F last night and they are going from a relatively warm bathroom. I'm thinking of bringing them back in for the night or would they be OK? O should I put a heat lamp out in the house?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT*** They are 7-8 weeks old

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh that is an awful big jump in temperature...but I am not a duck person.
I keep heat lamps on every coop I can when it gets that cold....or at least have insulated and double paned windows....I don't know, I would put a lamp in but high enough so they are not too warm, you want them to get used to the cold.

Update for Russ...the blue hen has been following me around most of the day, scratching and pecking, she keeps her wings about 1/2 unfolded and every so often tips over, the crop is pretty distended.
But, I have given her several doses of the oil mixture, and massaged, and held her upside down and massaged...at which point Gary walked by and asked when I had taken up the bagpipes....
lau.gif

Funny guy,, but maybe that is how the pipes were invented....
Gary decided to help in the kitchen so took the coffee ground bucket out to the compost (picture this in your mind !)
And he realed up like Randy Johnson and tossed the bucket contents while holding the bale, and the whole thing spun back and sent coffee grounds all over the side of his face (and other kitchen compost) and it looked so funny!!! I was walking by and he looked at me and said "Flung Dung" and then walked away....
lau.gif
I am still laughing.
He is not such a good dungflunger after all !!!
lau.gif

So the little blue hen is still the same, although she is now kinda of wiggling her neck every so often as if something is lodged...Cheryl how did you get something out of your chicken's throat ?
I have only heard of the crop surgery as a last resort when all massage and oils fail.
She is pooping every so often which I take as a good sign and maybe she will be able to blow this all through...she is on the bleach water solution too...
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom