Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you weren't able to attend the chicken show at the fair, you didn't miss much. Very few birds were on display. Also, the one day pass at the door was $20, not the $15 I thought it would be. I should have looked around for my old cell phone.

I knew someone was gonna say that. DARN! There goes my great plan.
roll.png

I plan on all roosts being same height. Now just gotta redesign where I want to put them.

THANKS for the response!!!!!
Can you do 2 parallel 4 foot roosts?

I agree with Ari, there was a really low showing of birds at the MEN fair today. VERY disappointing.

At least I got me an automatic door opener for the chicken coop, woohoo!

On another awesome note, my black star HennyPenny laid TWO eggs today!!!! For the first time!

Somebody is getting their face fluff as I call it. HA HA! It looks like she is smiling at us! This is Flash my son's 8 week old EE.

Flash and Hope, LOVE our EE's!!! that is Splash in the background

*had to edit my spelling...lol

Last edited:
Well - I planted some beautiful foxglove two years ago in the small garden in front of our windows.

It has finally bloomed, and I was so excited I took these pictures this morning.

But today when we came home from a nephew's graduation, this little humminbird was sitting under the window, with a hurt wing.

She is a Rufous Hummingbird. She could not fly and was spinning circles in the dirt.

(sorry - terrible picture - super quick and no flash as I didn't want to scare her more than she already was!)

I took her to PAWS wildlife center and made sure she was indeed adult and injured enough to need their care, yes and yes.

They are the ones that told me she is a she and a Rufous Hummingbird.

They said she should recover fine and when she does the center will release her close to the area as they are extremely territorial.

But I'm worried I caused her to crash in the window by planting the foxglove too close.
hu.gif

I've never had any birds hit the window, we've grown climbing/flowering peas, rosemary, lavender,etc. in this front garden with no problems.

But this is my first time growing such a tall flower here. The foxglove are about 18 inches away from the window.

Thoughts?

Somebody is getting their face fluff as I call it. HA HA! It looks like she is smiling at us! This is Flash my son's 8 week old EE.

Flash and Hope, LOVE our EE's!!! that is Splash in the background

*had to edit my spelling...lol

They are all adorable =) Your yellow EE looks a lot like our Chubby Cheeks did at that age
big_smile.png

I agree with Ari, there was a really low showing of birds at the MEN fair today. VERY disappointing.

At least I got me an automatic door opener for the chicken coop, woohoo!

On another awesome note, my black star HennyPenny laid TWO eggs today!!!! For the first time!

congrats on getting two eggs in one day! =)

Here are pictures of the the broody girls =)

Well - at least one broody girl.

Blueberry has not decided yet; so the eggs I had under her are now under Juno with the others.

I'll give them over when she decides she is sure.
And now, Blueberry's sister Blackberry wanted to sit for a few extra hours today and is walking around the yard clucking at everything.
barnie.gif

And here are some adorable chicks =) Most of these in this picture are boys and available! The cute black one is a BC Marans / Spitz cross. The one in the back is a Brabanters/Spitz cross. The one in front is an EE/Spitz cross and has some really interesting things happening with his coloring on his face - bet the beards & muffs will be spectacular on this little guy!

good night!
frow.gif

Can someone tell me the current law or code for how far away a coop has to be from the property line? I live in Gig Harbor and I called the Gig Harbor city place and was told there are no regulations for chickens or coops, but my very ornery neighbor said the pierce county law says the coop has to be 45 ft away from her house or property? Ugh I'm so stressed out! I can't find the current law on it anywhere. And do I listen to the Gig Harbor law that says I'm fine or pierce county? I thought we were all good and our coop is almost done. If anyone could help me I would be so grateful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom