Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, white skin is dominant to yellow, so all first crosses to yellow skinned birds will have white skin but carry the recessive yellow skin gene. So it can pop back up later down the line.

I'll see about getting some eggs from you later this year.... :)

Get a few brand new garbage cans....and a bag of Palouse rolled oats (or any brand) and a bag of scratch and at Walmart they have bags of shelled sunflower seeds.
Mix all in the garbage cans.
You can add a bit of DE also & other seeds your birds like.
I add a bag of Turkey starter as well.
Mix it really good & the birds love it !
CL, what does the turkey starter have that the chicken stuff doesn't?

This is a lovely picture. It must be wonderful to look upon your playce. :hugs

CL thinks I've got too many neighbors (on bad days I agree) but we've been here since the late 1890s; my parents were living here when I was born, and my husband and I have been onsite since 1984.

Which reminds me; that cow has finally calved, a nice dark-roan heifer. I'm going to have a lot of club calves for sale or lease next fall!

Parts of my cow-hunt felt a lot like swimming upstream.

Wearing hip waders to stay dry in the tall wet grass ?

Nah, just rolling my jeans up above the knee and still getting soaked. I can follow the grazed-down path in the field but part of what I was stomping through last night was snowberry, which is the soggiest plant in the world.

I used to have waterproof bibs, but the weight and stiffness just made me more tired at the end of the day, so now I just rotate shoes and jeans so I'm mostly dry most of the time. Why is June rain so much wetter though? And why is it that I can't find another pair of Justin Ropers size (mens) 8WW anywhere just when the waterproofing in the pair I bought three years ago has given up the ghost?

Hi CL!!!! Miss ya Mama!!! :frow

By the way...... I got all my hair cut off!!! My Mom & Dad are in town and staying with me and when they saw me I thought my Mom was gonna cry. Dad says that I look younger. LOL!! Hopefully we can get together soon! I really miss my BYC peeps! Muuaahhhhh!!!!

Last edited:
So:

Sixteen cows exposed, sixteen calves on the ground, eleven heifers and five bulls (I'm fine with that!)

The last for this year, finally, born this morning:

So:
Sixteen cows exposed, sixteen calves on the ground, eleven heifers and five bulls (I'm fine with that!)

They are both beautiful. You can send me one of each :) One to raise to milk someday, and the other to well, you know.
th.gif

So:

They are both beautiful. You can send me one of each :) One to raise to milk someday, and the other to well, you know.:th

I have a couple of cows with sufficient dairy genetics that they might be milch cows, but this is a beef operation and Beef Polled Shorthorns; we sell feeders in the fall and beef by the quarter (run-of-the-animal) year round; also I'm supposed to be pushing luau pigs, but I keep forgetting.

Anyone want to barbeque a whole pig for the 4th of July? Get your orders in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom