Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard an interesting phrase this weekend that could apply to many situations. "If you're tired of playing tug of war with someone, let go of your end of the rope and walk away".
This is so true. On that note, a dog will run around with rope growling, you can choose to grab it and play or you can let them run around with it till they get tired and drop it. There are a couple of personalities on this forum that I find to be abbrasive. I just read and don't respond to them. The rest of this community is wonderful and supportive and amusing. I am not going to drop off just because I don't agree with every individual that posts here.

I just saw your signature. I'm guessing you don't watch FOX NEWS?

Au contraire, I watch Fox News every night! You know, the little choice snippets that get made fun of on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart!
lau.gif

I don't have much time these days so I'll just post this even tho it might have been said before. And since I don't have much time this will be my only post on this. PM me if you want me to respond..........................

Thank you for taking, a lot, of time to write this. The link, on documenting, is facinating and I am going to read more of it.

Sheila :)

Good Morning!

Nearly all heating pads shut off after two hours now. However, I found ones, on Amazon, that stay on until you shut them off. Here is an example: http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-Healt...346084633&sr=8-4&keywords=stay+on+heating+pad

If you type into Amazon's search engine: stay on heating pad you will get pages of different ones. I purchased mine, from Amazon, and love it!!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you for taking, a lot, of time to write this. The link, on documenting, is facinating and I am going to read more of it.

Ditto!
smile.png

ChickenJane and all,
Yogurt for chickens has been on my mind. So far I have found that it doesn't help the gut as much as the liquid probiotics like save-a-chick. The lactobacilia in yogurt, can't act alone, and apparently needs other probiotics to really help the gut.

I found a silly egg in one of my boxes today. It was either my elderly-but-still-laying standard or one of the young ones, but they're only 4 months old. Is it at all possible for 4-month-olds to start laying? My gold star probably just had a slightly off day.
lol.png

Hi Everybody.. I just finished reading 5 days of post took me last nite and this morning.. WOW.... :) I'm gonna try and read each day so I dont have to get so far behind..

So for a cover all statement.. I saw some amazing Pics of some Chickens posted they are Beautiful... I so hope my little ones turn out half as lovely. All the egg pics... very cool. I might have to post some of the oddball eggs I get from the older girls.. they are kinda comical and make great conversation pieces Welcome all the newcomers.. this is a great place and my chickens wouldn't be as happy as they are if it weren't for the great info I have learned here!!

* I am loving the idea of using the play house (CC) as a chicken enclosure. I may be doing the same for my four new babies.

* Itsren.... WOW... I love the coop .... Awesome I so wish I could run the tools and build like that.. instead of having to ask Hubby all the time :)

So now I have some questions about PUREBREDS vs Mutts????? I'm sorry I m being a smart arse.. and couldn't resist... MY BAD!

Seriously I want to thank every person that commented on that topic for their post.. It made me do some research on my own and learn more about chicken breeds, Heritage Breeds and some that are disappearing or considered rare now. I think once I get my set up done and get a bit more learning under my belt I very well may try and raise some of these lovely critters just to help increase their numbers. Had it not been for all the conversation I may not have learned what I have.. and Learning is one thing we are all here for. In a forum like this we don't learn if we don't talk or don't share our opinions and experience. Its an open forum with strong posters and lurkers :) I think its cool how we can read what someone says and then WE DECIDE if we want to take it and use it or just leave it here on the page:) Kinda like picking thru a candy dish.. Some like the Mints some like the Fruits !

Ok now Im off to take pics of my little Cornish X that Im having issues with.. gonna post the pics and see if anyone can tell me what the heck the lumps Im seeing are.. BTW... if anyone here wants to share their feeding idea for Cornish X from a week old up til process.. I could really use the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom