Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. Read the linked page with the recipe for Ranch Style Beans. Now I've got the worst craving for a can of the beans and some warm tortillas. *sigh*

Jennifer

Text me... I'll come get you. I don't care that its 4 hrs away. You're my friend. I'll come help.
I am fine !
I have 600 pounds of meat in the freezer (and hunting season is coming !) and 300 pounds or more of vegetables I grew this year, canned, stored mucho canned goods away...I am fat for months & months.
I have noticed all the men in the neighborhood...which is wilderness in between each lot of 5-20 acres...they are ALL cutting firewood NONSTOP !!!
It is almost nerve wracking.
But yet a signal of late summer-fall:
Got your wood in ??????????????????
I go nuts making sure I have every seed, every tree, every hunk of wood in.........all goods canned, all meat hung/preserved.....I have spent many many winters in NORTH IDAHO. There is no sympathy there.
Either you get off your dead arese & get stuff IN for winter, or you die, and I had 2 kids, no hubby.
So , yeah I am used to it & I can take care of myself, and usually do a fair job of taking care of others I love as well
love.gif

I'd like to think so.
Like T-Hi's Washer & Dryer delima..................and more I cannot count on 2 hands.
I just cannot do anything NOW cuz of the leg/knee.
I am a happy camper every day I go out or back in without falling.
OK guys, rest assurded I am just fine.
I am a big girl, and adult, and will DIE before I ask for hand outs...raised proper by my Father anyways.
bow.gif

frow.gif

Last edited:
I cannot believe all the chain saw madness out here the last 2-3 weeks........................trucks & men/boys/women sawying and splitting & trucks leaving loaded down on the axles...
The Roads Dept had the road closed again this summer as some of you know, and took down 20 mature Maples, and I have no idea how many Spruce/DF/Hems..Alder .........and they took them off the hillside, and piles them on a small landing just opposite our driveway...and they pile more each day...FREE fire wood, which will be useless but for next year
So yeah, non-stop sawyering is one of my notices that fall is here.

Got your wood in ????????????????????????????

Well, I have to close coops (hard to do with the knee OUT) and as VF knows I now have a big squeek in my knee brace hinge...it is awful !
Squeek, sqeek every step...
Anyways I gotta go do all that & then make some kinda dinner for myself...G'night all !

frow.gif

Night CL! Get some rest and stay off that knee! Squeek!

Just got the kids all asleep after a great productive fun day. Nothing out of the ordinary really, except we had more time than usual to play and have fun.

Spoke to the neighbors about their dog coming in our yard. They said he'd never hurt a fly, or the kids. I said it's instinct to chase a chicken and that's why I want the dog far far away from our yard, so there's no temptation to slip through the fence at the gate and kill them. They were surprisingly pleasant (I placated them with fresh eggs of all colors) and agreed to try harder to keep the dog more contained in their own yard. Woot!

Night CL! Get some rest and stay off that knee! Squeek!

Just got the kids all asleep after a great productive fun day. Nothing out of the ordinary really, except we had more time than usual to play and have fun.

Spoke to the neighbors about their dog coming in our yard. They said he'd never hurt a fly, or the kids. I said it's instinct to chase a chicken and that's why I want the dog far far away from our yard, so there's no temptation to slip through the fence at the gate and kill them. They were surprisingly pleasant (I placated them with fresh eggs of all colors) and agreed to try harder to keep the dog more contained in their own yard. Woot!
Dang it is so bad...ask VF...every step I take is SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEk...and stops and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEks and stops.....

Maybe I should get a brace on each leg and then squeek each time I take a step ??????????????
lau.gif

Thanks for the Ranch Beans recipe - I even have all the ingredients in my house, so I will make it tomorro - YUM!

That King Ranch Casserole link looked good too.

I found a use for my chicken feed sacks. I have been doing a lot of book trading on Paperbackswap.com . I cut up the bags and sew them into mailers custom sized for the books I'm sending. I mailed 6 out yesterday, and today I got another 5 requests for books so I will sew some more tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom