Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable!! 6 hours for a head injury?? OK so what if the concussion had been worse and they didn't know it, cause it took 6 hours to see you?? That's crazy!!
duc.gif
smack.gif
And yea, I didn't know this, but the more you use your insurance the more they don't want to cover you?? Learned that on Frontline!
My dad is 74 yrs old, he has diabetes, heart disease (pace maker) and severe hip issues. They moved back to MI to be with my grandmother, who passed away last year, anyway he had to go to the hospital over there over the 4th of July, and they messed up his insulin shots ect, he got up and started to walk out!! He has done it twice at two different hospitals because they take too long to check out or get any help!!! It's out of control!
And yea I think your right about the "for profit" hospitals.
thumbsup.gif

It took them 3 hours to see me. Another 3 hours after I got in. My friend said as soon as "for profit" hospitals know what kind of insurance you have, it changes how they'll treat you. Good insurance - more time and longer tests. I ended up with a MRI that night. We're still waiting to see all the bills trickle in - but that accident was very costly.

as to hospital charges; according to the mag from aarp.
apparently when you go to an emergency room and they say you have to stay or they'll admit you BEWARE, BEWARE. If they list you as being observed, or for OBSERVATION your insurance will most likely not cover it and YOU will get stuck with the bill (full rate) Even if you have medicare, it won't be covered if it is for observation. AND the hopital can change it even after you are truely ADMITTED, and its the nerds in management that do it and they do it over the objections of your Doctor.
This has become a real problem and there is growing interest in the problem by our elected officials but I don't expect much will change anytime soon.

Yikes! That's a good thing to know.

Started painting the coop today. Whew, I got one side done, primer only. All went well until clean up. Life is tough, but it sure gets harder when you add stupid to the formula.
I purchased 5 gals of good primer. The choice I had was tintable or non tintable primer. Since I had a difficult surface to cover I chose tintable and had it darkened from white to a deep pink. (another storey). I chose an oil base (I thought it was a water base) and when done I happily got my bucket and hose and proceeded to clean up my roller, pan and brush. I soon realized that I had a mess. sigh. Another trip to the hardware store for more trays, brush and roller and thinner.
Cant wait to hear what my neighbor has to say about my pink chicken coop. (it'll be barn red with white trim when done).

Enjoy your new Jersey Giant.

Ooopsie on the oil base primer. We've done that before.
barnie.gif
I'm sure your pink coop will turn out beautiful when it is finally red. Gotta admit... I'm partial to barn red coops.
thumbsup.gif

Hi all!

I have not visited in a while, and now I'm 200 posts behind.

I have been busy studying for my Enrolled Agent Tax exams with the IRS, and this morning I passed the second test (I did the first one 13 days ago) - one to go!

I was feeling all happy about passing the exam (in Puyallup at 7:30 am), came home and saw a horrific scene in my backyard that took away any good feeling I had.

The kids were playing video games and had let the chickens out, but ignored the dogs who were stil in their crates. I yelled at the kids, followed the dogs out to check on all the waterers and feeders and I saw Luna, the white sussex lying in the yard near the coop where she likes to hang out, neck twisted and rolled partway under her, and much of her neck and shoulders and part of a wing eaten away with bones sticking out, and she was still breathing!!! I yelled for my husband who came out and finished her off. Then I yelled at my kids for letting the chickens out without their guard dogs. I'm thinking it was a raccoon. A few weeks ago I found another hen in the same area, injured in the same spot. That injury was minor in comparison. I think I had scared off whatever the predator was there when the attack started, but the hen must have died of a hear attack. Poor Luna was still alive and it is awful to think of what the poor girl must have endured. She was such a sweet hen. I still have 10 roosters, but my supply of hens is going down.

OmG!!!
So, I got rid of my Dish network over a year ago, one cause they were changing the program everytime I turned around and it was getting too expensive, so we had a digital box that we had never used, and so I hooked it up.

so I get about 6 channels, pbs of course and create tv are my favorite and the local channels and I've gotten pretty used to not seeing my other favorite shows on dish, BUT.... at the end of Sept our local station added ME tv memorable TV and it plays ALL the old shows from when we were kids!!

OK like Hawaii five O, Perry Mason, Make room for daddy, Mash, Emergency, lost in space, um...all the good westerns
like Gun Smoke, The big Valley, The rifleman, I could go on and on!! LOL My husband and I LOVE IT !!

Now I now a lot of you "kids" out there have no idea what I'm talking about but, today I was watching batman and I was probably only 6 or 7 when it was on but, when I heard the joker say he was gonna use his "surfing experience and ability tranformometer... I thought I was gonna die laughing!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

Anyway, it's fun to trip back to the "old school"!!!

barnie.gif
I'm getting "old". I recognize and remember those old shows.
th.gif

What an eventful day.
I met CL and Einstein today, alas it was just for a short while. I did get a very nice Jersey Giant roo for my girls.
Got him home (he's about 16 weeks old) and after about 2 hours in his crate and the girls being nosey I turned him loose.
Everything went very well, drank some water, went into the coop (I did too) and he checked everything out and then went back out into the run.
The #2,3,4 hens challenged him and he put them all in their place. He strutted his stuff and went into the yard for a little free ranging and ran into the coop boss. She apparently was not amused by his presence. They chest bumped, then they got their talons up and out and finally the coop boss had enough of this youngster and removed a beak full of chest feathers from him.
Yeah, he's learning. He ran off and sulked for awhile.
7 RIR, 2 Eng Orps and 1 young Jersey Giant in soft grey.

Started painting the coop today. Whew, I got one side done, primer only. All went well until clean up. Life is tough, but it sure gets harder when you add stupid to the formula.
I purchased 5 gals of good primer. The choice I had was tintable or non tintable primer. Since I had a difficult surface to cover I chose tintable and had it darkened from white to a deep pink. (another storey). I chose an oil base (I thought it was a water base) and when done I happily got my bucket and hose and proceeded to clean up my roller, pan and brush. I soon realized that I had a mess. sigh. Another trip to the hardware store for more trays, brush and roller and thinner.
Cant wait to hear what my neighbor has to say about my pink chicken coop. (it'll be barn red with white trim when done).
Geeez When ya had the primer tinted PINK I thought maybe had finaly come to yer senses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom