Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That's crazy!!! And ya know the farmers and USDA ect don't find a **** thing wrong with it!! HELLO?? Anybody home?? The question is, are there any heritage wheat seeds left? Like what was grown 50 yrs ago?? I would like to know that, cause I was seriously thinking of growing my own!!

Well, the Building Inspector just left.
he is a super nice guy !!!
Very educational, and spent alot of time explaining what we need to do & where, what types of Hurricane ties we need, etc.
he was very impressed with our framing job, and said we have done alot that was not necessary, extra blocking & extra large headers, etc.
So, we passed with flying colors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yippiechickie.gif

wee.gif
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Man!! I think this thread is going even faster then it used too!! LOL! If I even miss half a day I have over 100 posts to read!
so if I missed anything, I'm sorry! I have to give my dog a bath yet tonight and dremel his nails, he's going to get tutored tomorrow!!
wee.gif

It should have been done a month ago!! I try to get them before they start lifting their leg, and yea, he just started it!!
Hopefully, he will stop when he's neutered!! Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't!!
Anyway, I'm tired! I've been up since 5 am, and I didn't sleep well, and I will have to get up early tomorrow!
so nite guys!

Quote:
Never mind, I now have something else to deal with. One of the new buckeyes has a respiratory infection. Thank you for the offer, but I need to deal with this before any more birds come in the house.
sad.png
No worries, I understand! I heard a beginning crow attempt this morning, so I should know soon who the boys are that will need to go bye-bye. If I have an extra pullet, I will check in with you again later to see if you're still interested.

Hope the Buckeye recovers quickly.
Thank you for the offer! I ended up returning all the birds. It was hard to do, but I felt I wasn't up to the task yet.

In rare good news, I googled feather sexing again and took a second look at Gimp. Turns out it's Gimpette! In more bad news, the hobble did not work. I left it on for I think 3 days? Still just as gimpy. I took it off and put her with the other chicks and she is so much happier. She can zoom around even with the bad leg.

I am considering going to the Baxter Barn in Fall City and looking at their chicks. Anyone have an opinion on Baxter Barn? They have speckled Sussex and salmon Faverolles. I doubt they will be very pretty birds, but who knows. At this point I just want to round out the flock and get it done.

Jennifer

That's good to hear! Hang in there, sounds like she may have turned the corner!

I think she has! This afternoon she chomped down a massive amount of mash I made from feed, mealworms, whole milk yogurt, her own egg scrambled, and Odwalla Superfood. I was joking today with my boyfriend that from now on she was just going to fake not being well yet so that she could continue to enjoy such a lavish diet.

lau.gif

Man!! I think this thread is going even faster then it used too!! LOL! If I even miss half a day I have over 100 posts to read!
so if I missed anything, I'm sorry! I have to give my dog a bath yet tonight and dremel his nails, he's going to get tutored tomorrow!!
wee.gif

It should have been done a month ago!! I try to get them before they start lifting their leg, and yea, he just started it!!
Hopefully, he will stop when he's neutered!! Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't!!
Anyway, I'm tired! I've been up since 5 am, and I didn't sleep well, and I will have to get up early tomorrow!
so nite guys!

Good luck with your pooch! What breed/s is he?

Yep lot of people don't know that, remember, that in most cases, what one animal eats, so will the predator!! It's very sad!! Sorry to hear that! You need to get you some Jack Russell's!! (sp) Their crazy, but they love rats!!
A few years ago, my mom adopted an insane terrier that looks like it hails from Chernobyl. We realized that he has taken care of our rat problem when we found some eggs under the chicken house. They were only there for a few days and had not been touched. In years past, we've noticed rats moving around under their house and I'd find them poking around in the pen after dark. One summer, I was having such fun sitting at an open window with my .22, plugging rats as they popped out of their hole in the back garden. Haven't seen a single one back there. Haven't seen any scrounging around for seed under the bird feeders. That was another good sniping spot. While I despise the dog, I'm pleased that we don't have rats any more.

Last edited:
Quote:
Never mind, I now have something else to deal with. One of the new buckeyes has a respiratory infection. Thank you for the offer, but I need to deal with this before any more birds come in the house.
sad.png
No worries, I understand! I heard a beginning crow attempt this morning, so I should know soon who the boys are that will need to go bye-bye. If I have an extra pullet, I will check in with you again later to see if you're still interested.

Hope the Buckeye recovers quickly.
Thank you for the offer! I ended up returning all the birds. It was hard to do, but I felt I wasn't up to the task yet.

In rare good news, I googled feather sexing again and took a second look at Gimp. Turns out it's Gimpette! In more bad news, the hobble did not work. I left it on for I think 3 days? Still just as gimpy. I took it off and put her with the other chicks and she is so much happier. She can zoom around even with the bad leg.

I am considering going to the Baxter Barn in Fall City and looking at their chicks. Anyone have an opinion on Baxter Barn? They have speckled Sussex and salmon Faverolles. I doubt they will be very pretty birds, but who knows. At this point I just want to round out the flock and get it done.

Jennifer
I have gotten birds from them and they are just fine. Good quality hatchery birds. Nice people. I say go for it!

I have new babies this morning. 4 of my Cream Legbar eggs hatched overnight. I have 2 boys and 2 girls. 2 more eggs have pipped. So exciting! My girls have apparently stopped laying for the winter so unless I put a light out there, these will be my only fall babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom