Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
After learning having many hours of experience I'd have no problem driving this.
But.......................... sitting in the passenger seat no thank you.
One wrong move kiss your butt goodbye.
I just don't like placing my life in some one else's hand.

That being said, I can see how it wouldn't bother others but me no thank you if I go out like this I want it to be my fault not someone else"s.
Think you'll enjoy watching this...................
http://www.shotoverjet.com/the-video
Wonder what their insurance rates are? LOL!
I wonder how often they stack one up. Yeah Passenger seat NO WAY!!!! Let me drive it.

Well, some things were done today, and I made dinner, so there. Funny how much easier it is to cook when I don't get going on something and then suddenly it's 8pm and I need to eat immediately or pass out.

I've got two calves to keep an eye on; a bull who got half-way through the headgate and hung there by his hips until they could take it apart, and a little heifer who's been sickly since she had her shoulder dislocated by rough play back in June or so and who got another round of antibiotics.

Hired hand tomorrow, for five hours, and I need to go to HD so it's going to be hard to get anything else done. Her mom wants to come while she's here and butcher my extra roosters! Ian tried to spur me today when I was putting oatmeal in his treat dish, so I'm not thrilled with taking him on in the daytime, since he's just under ten pounds, and a right bat.

OH- forgot to say, Greg, I'm et up with envy over your Discus; I kept tropicals for years, and wanted Discus, but never had the time, room, or money (and then I had kids).

Last edited:
CR. You the same way. When things are dangerous I want it to be on me.
If I'm going down I want it all to be my fault.
Just can't see going out if I have a choice not to be in the drivers seat.
Yeah I have some issues that way. Had I gone to the track and watched before hand I would have never raced ATV's in either style. Both flat track and rough scrambles.

Even worse was when the kids were home and did gaming on the horses. I couldn't watch. It just made me too nervous and horses have a mind of thier own and try to think unlike a machine. It only does what you ask of it and ya can turn it off any time!!!

From ebay.................

I bought that off of Amazon a couple weeks ago, to go in my pen.
smile.png
It's a pretty nice sign.

Jennifer

Fish pics as promised :).

My 75 gallon:

My angels love to hunt in the plants for baby guppies and bristlenoses...definitely solves any problems I used to have trying to find homes for them.

This guy didn't make it in the above pic. I was told the angels were veil tails when I bought them but once I got them home and in healthier conditions the fins took off like crazy so I'm thinking they might be super-veils.

Another shot:

The betta tank...when it's dry out I eat breakfast with the chickens, when it's wet I eat here with the fish.

This is Gandolf, he lives in the right half of the tank.

This is Jango, he's a huge old guy that's about twice Gandolf's size.

Finally, the goldies (a red ryukin, a black moor, and a calico telescope). They didn't want to pose at all and I thought I'd spare everyone the blurry closeups. Their tank is mildly embarrassing, between being surrounded by windows and having too high of wattage above (since this used to be my well planted tropical tank before I upgraded), it has a major blackbeard algae outbreak. Someday I'll pull everything out and give it all a peroxide dip to kill everything off, but tonight is not that night.

A lot of municipalities switched to chloramine instead of chlorine because it doesn't gas off and they can get away with using less of it...if you're on public water they can tell you which form they use, good to know if you plan on using the 'gas it off' method in the future. At the risk of sounding like a product endorsement, this stuff called Prime has really saved my butt when it comes to making taking care of my fish easier. It neutralizes chlorine, chloramine, and heavy metals, and it converts ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates to forms that are less harmful on fish but still available for the bacteria to work on (helpful if there's a spike but no immediate time to do a big water change). There are a lot of products on the market that do the same thing, but I prefer Prime because it's all in one bottle and it's pretty concentrated so I don't have to use much. My water changes are a lot easier...stir up the substrate, use a hose to drain into my flower beds, add some Prime to the remaining water, attach the hose to my faucet, match the temp, and let er rip to fill it back up. Prime's supposed to start working as soon as it hits the water, but with super sensitive fish like discus I'd still pre-mix it just to be sure everything's completely neutralized before it gets to the fish.

Last edited:
Justahanna. Very nice tanks.
I'd like to go back to gravel, plants, for my next discus tank.
Prime is a product I use to use.
I agree fantastic product.
There were times I needed to use that.
Use to buy it on line in bulk size.
That product is very popular in the discus community.
I rarely bought products from local fish stores unless it was something I needed right away.
Saved major $$$ on line.
Use to make all my own food.

I believe it was you that mentioned bristle nose?
You should be in great shape once those babies start cleaning.
In about last year of discus I was into buying different kinds.
They do great job of cleaning.

Quote:
I looked the juveniles up. It's not the bird that tried to pick Drama up a while back. My gut feeling is the thing was an owl. My next door neighbor thinks so, too. It had wing and tail striping similar to what you'd see on a spotted or barred owl.

That's an amazing photo! Wow! The bald eagles I saw today had to be older. They had very distinct white heads, white tails and dark bodies. They were huge. We see the eagles up high, but never, ever, ever down below the tree line of a maple. It's also rare to see two flying together. We have seen them do that, but not too often. I still get chills when I think about seeing those eagles today. It's one of those days I love living on a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom