Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been a pretty good year, all told, as long as you look at the local conditions and not the market as a whole: the drought in the midwest is going to depress feeder prices until next spring, and even if we have an open winter and can get away with just feeding hay, we need to sell some calves this end of weaning to pay for vet supplies, fuel, grain for the bulls, and so on.

Yea, and although I don't raise cattle yet, here, it's hard to get the prices to recoup the cost of the higher feed prices, just yesterday I was talking to a guy who wanted to buy 20 ducks and he asked if he could pay 10 dollars a piece!??
And since I always get in trouble when I sell my birds, I told him I would have to talk to my husband, Terry said he can have the little ones for 10 a piece!! Anyway, we will see what happens, I do have to down size for sure, but, I'm going to let my husband deal with the money aspect, we'll see if he does any better!! LOL!

Quote:
Been a few years since I been to Flower World. But if you haven't been there you really should go the inventory of plants there are great.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't remember a coffee shop but down the road from it is the Maltby Cafe home of the best Cinnamon Roll on this side of the Mississippi!
The other food is good too!
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Quote:
Ah, interesting, these are only what I would say are med size, I wouldn't think they would get bigger?? And I have never had SLW so I have no idea what their pattern is, I thought they were a nice size and they were healthy and laying, my husband of course freaked! LOL he said " what are going to do with THEM" ???
I said, add them to my layer collection?? I'm not breeding them, give me a break!!
(they came from hatchery no doubt) Anyway, it is what it is, as they say!!
Thanks Stumpy!! by the way, the Bantam RIR hen is as big as some of my Bantam rir roos, so yea, she was a Mcmurry surprise chick I guess!

So like, does anyone know what happened to KMoran, and Calettempst?? haven't seen them on at all?? I hope we didn't lose them?? I haven't seen cheryl on either?? Where are my old friends??

Do we have falcons in Washington state?

Scroll to :11 on this video.

That's EXACTLY what the bird looked like that tried to pick up my 7+ lb Brahma a while back.

What are the names of some birds that have a really loud screech? I want to see if I can identify what a bird is by it's screech.

I was outside with my girls, suddenly it got really quiet. The black birds and stellar jays flew into the maple tree and didn't make a noise. There was a screech in one tree across the street, followed by another screech in another tree in the cul-de-sac.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to build some sort of really big chicken tractor so my girls can have lots of outdoor space in a protected area.

Hello All
frow.gif

I just am dropping in to say hola! Hope everybody is doing well, seen some super adorable chicks!!
wee.gif

Seen some new(er) people have stopped by
welcome-byc.gif
highfive.gif
These guys here are awesome, you'll be hooked for sure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom