wasp!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Catfishingpokey, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Catfishingpokey

Catfishingpokey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Albany, Tx
    I saw one of my delaware pullets catch and eat a wasp this after noon.will it hurt her?
    ?

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Mine usually stay clear of those...I hope someone else can help you out. I have no clue but wanted to give you a bump.

3. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sure they'll be fine, though I'm no expert.

My dog always ate them and they never seemed to both him.

4. Village Farm

Village Farm Out Of The Brooder

Our girls love wasps and fight over them.

Maybe they taste spicy, what with the stingers.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    The wasps are swarming around here. We are having a warm spell after it had already cooled way down. My chickens are avoiding them like the plague.
    My rooster ate one when he was real little and you could tell by his reaction that it stung him somewhere between his beak and his crop. He must have told the others about his experience because they want nothing to do with wasps.

6. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Quote:You can send me some of that heat. It is suppose to snow just up the hill tomorrow. Wasp won't hurt the hens.

7. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

My dog...the one in my avatar (spelling??)... eats them now and then. He'll smack them with his paw and gobble em down. They've never hurt him. The vet said it's ok, not a preferred snack, but not going to hurt him. If he acts weird like he's having a reaction to a sting, the vet said to bring him in or definitely call his office. I am sure it's similar with a bird. But he's never acted like he's been stung or anything. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by