Watch out for deadly cat food lids, they bite back.

Pepperwolfe

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Groveland FL
Okay so I gotta rant..
I finished the chicken run for the girls. They stopped laying for a bit so I decided not to work on improving their coop until they get more settled in.
In the meantime, I move over to my garden and begin to clear it so Mom can plant her veggies and whatnots in it.
Last Saturday while I was talking to the neighbor about getting some horse manure for my compost pile, my 10 year old Daughter came running out the front door screaming for me. I ran back across the field and she's crying about Grandma and her finger.
I half expected to find Mom on the floor missing a finger. No, she was leaning over the sink with her finger all wrapped up in a towel. Got the bleeding slowed down and had to take her to the doctor to get FIVE stitches in her index finger.
The cat was impatient and Mom was impatient to go out and play in the dirt with her beloved plants. So she pulled the lid off the cat food can, it flipped back and cut her right across her finger. Lucky for her no nerves or tendons were cut. Stitches come out next Monday. In the meantime, she's having to very carefully take care of her girls (and the old man roo) and wait until she gets back in the cow manure she bought for her plants.

Moral to this story: Don't get so excited over your prepackaged storebought cow poop that you make a mistake like this one.

Thanks all, for letting me vent, its been a rough week.

My dear you told that story very well.
lol.png

I did the same thing when I was wiping out a can for recycling. I usually use a toothbrush to clean them but it wasn't handy so I thought using the dish cloth would be ok. I'd be very careful. NOT.

I knew there was a reason why i feed only dry food. My step daughter got her finger caught in a can one too. THey drove her with can on finger to the ER to have it removed. Stitches on the finger are no fun at all . My youngest one SAmmy-Lou who is three now got her pinkie hurt when the two older ones had a argument and slammed the door shut on her whle the finger was in the door. I heard a blood curtling scream from the 2nd floor followed by a even louder "MMMMOOOOOOOMMMMMMM" i expected a amputated finger, broken finger or atleast the nail coming off. But Sammy got lucky and only needed two stiches on the top of her pinkie. She was lucky because her fingers were so tiny. The doc told me if i was a older kid with bigger fingers it would have been straight cut off by the door.

yup. Got attacked by one of the flip top ones the other day. Probably should have made a trip to the ER for stitches. But I let it bleed a bit to clean whatever might have been in the cut out... then put a pressure bandage on it. Hurts like the dicken. But it's healing

I just can't wait until the stitches come out. Well, when all is said and done and Mom is okay. Ya just gotta laugh at what life will throw at you.

Back
Top Bottom