Watch out for those STINKERS!

magsrags

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Staten Island NY
Well it finally hit the fan! With 6 days left to go on some eggs 1 blew up in the bator and I thought a stink bomb had been laid by one of my son's buddies.
OMG..........bator was in the basement bathroom and it ranked up to my 3rd floor!!!!! Took me quite a while to realize it was a rotton egg explosion and then of course I am panicing cause 10 other eggs in there were loaded with green goop.
Fast action hopefully saved the day. That and another bator already on lockdown hatching out bantys today of all days. All but one were out lready so not bad timing.

So I am hoping the rinsed off eggs(very warm water)....a quick gentle pat dry and back in a clean bator all within 10 minutes will make a difference between laughter or tears.
hmm.png

Funny thing is this egg showed no aromas/cracks etc. beforehand. And believe me I have caught a few before they popped. Because it was such a dark green egg.....I just thought it was getting hard to see anything inside anymore. Yuck...........worse than skunk.

Good job in getting that cleaned up quickly. Stink eggs scare me. lol When I smell something funny or think an egg is bad, I get dh to get it out for me. I am not taking any chances that thing explodes on me. He's a good sport.
lau.gif
So sorry this happened to you and hope the rest of the eggs still do well.

Phew lol sorry.I had a friend bring me a variety of egg's once.Some were turkey.Man one of those thing's exploded in my sportsman YIKES.The smell seem's to linger for day's too!I put a box of baking soda on my top shelf after that and seemed to help some.The other egg's should be fine if ya got the most of it out though.Good Luck with the rest of your egg's.

Well don't let it deter you. It isn't a frequent event and my first on over 2 years of steady hatching. You kinda get a knack for those "stinkers" before they pop. The joy o0f watching the good ones pip and zip their way out , outweighs those stink butts.
gig.gif

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom