Water and feed how often?

PolloGal

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Eastern TN
I am trying to take care of a 3 day old turkey poult that isn’t doing well tonight. I had to use a syringe to feed her. She declined today…slipped tendon injury (we did the best we could to put it back in place and wrap it Yesterday) She just still can’t walk or crawl…not sure what is happening with the other foot/leg now, but it is a new thing we noticed this morning. She seems to have gotten weaker today…but I fed her every 2.5 hours today (and water)…a mash of the feed and egg yolk...but she didn’t eat much. She is opening and closing her mouth a lot tonight. I thought it was because she was hungry…so I fed her. She didn’t take much and her eyes were closed the whole time…seems she may be giving up. I am not sure if she will make it through the night. Just Also giving her vitamins and poultry nutri drench - not sure how often to disturb her for the food and water. Is it normally supposed to be every 2.5 hours? Could use some experienced advice. Thanks. 😔

Aww, I’m sorry, it’s really sad to know your chick is probably dying and you don’t know what to do 😞 :hugs.

I’ve been seeing quite a few threads of turkey poults refusing to eat lately… I wonder why??

I’m not sure how to help your baby; it seems like you’ve done everything you can. Hoping and praying she makes it though! God can do miracles! Don’t give up!

Aww, I’m sorry, it’s really sad to know your chick is probably dying and you don’t know what to do 😞 :hugs.

I’ve been seeing quite a few threads of turkey poults refusing to eat lately… I wonder why??

I’m not sure how to help your baby; it seems like you’ve done everything you can. Hoping and praying she makes it though! God can do miracles! Don’t give up!
Thank you So much for your reply. I just wish I could help her. I am thinking I will try to feed and water every 3 hours so she can also get some rest. I hope that will be enough…and that God is merciful for her. 🙏

I am trying to take care of a 3 day old turkey poult that isn’t doing well tonight. I had to use a syringe to feed her. She declined today…slipped tendon injury (we did the best we could to put it back in place and wrap it Yesterday) She just still can’t walk or crawl…not sure what is happening with the other foot/leg now, but it is a new thing we noticed this morning. She seems to have gotten weaker today…but I fed her every 2.5 hours today (and water)…a mash of the feed and egg yolk...but she didn’t eat much. She is opening and closing her mouth a lot tonight. I thought it was because she was hungry…so I fed her. She didn’t take much and her eyes were closed the whole time…seems she may be giving up. I am not sure if she will make it through the night. Just Also giving her vitamins and poultry nutri drench - not sure how often to disturb her for the food and water. Is it normally supposed to be every 2.5 hours? Could use some experienced advice. Thanks. 😔
@casportpony

So sorry that your poult isn't doing well. How much does it weigh? And how much water are you giving it?
Hi. I don’t know the weight…he is 3 days old…so not sure. I let a drop at the end of the syringe sit on the tip of his beak and he takes it in (or shakes it off mostly). I do that about 10 or 12 times to be sure he gets some water.

Back
Top Bottom