Water came out of her mouth

Yes, I think you are doing all you can. In the future I would try emptying the crop before giving the cream or most of it might come right back out when you massage.

The fact that her crop only seems to be able to empty out her mouth and not down into the rest of the digestive track is worrying... she may have a really bad obstruction either from something she ate or from an internal issue like a tumor. What's her poop been like? Any solids at all?

I'd do another epsom salt flush today since she handled it well yesterday.
It’s mostly white

Might have missed it if this was already suggested, or mentioned, but any chance of an avian or exotics vet?
I think you're doing a good job so far, but a vet may be able to help/advise much better than any of us can.

Wishing the best for her :fl

Might have missed it if this was already suggested, or mentioned, but any chance of an avian or exotics vet?
I think you're doing a good job so far, but a vet may be able to help/advise much better than any of us can.

Wishing the best for her :fl
Unfortunately no, and I appreciate your compliment, it’s like when I offer a tasty treat she’s just looking at it, I mean I’ve seen her peck around a little, I just put in a nesting box , it’s cold here today although there’s a tiny door open if she wants back out with her friends. When she is outside she’s standing pretty still on one leg…..

Unfortunately no, and I appreciate your compliment, it’s like when I offer a tasty treat she’s just looking at it, I mean I’ve seen her peck around a little, I just put in a nesting box , it’s cold here today although there’s a tiny door open if she wants back out with her friends. When she is outside she’s standing pretty still on one leg…..
If it's cold there and she seems cold (standing on one leg) I'd bring her inside. Chickens stay warm by digesting food and since she's not eating much she could easily get too cold and become more stressed/sick.

If it's cold there and she seems cold (standing on one leg) I'd bring her inside. Chickens stay warm by digesting food and since she's not eating much she could easily get too cold and become more stressed/sick.
Ok ya I put her the box , hopefully she stays put. So tonight do I empty her crop before the cream?

Back
Top Bottom