Water came out of her mouth

Pics
I didn’t notice any smell but dang it she isn’t eating anything even eggs 🥲she looks pitiful
I’m so sorry, I know it’s hard. I went through it for a few weeks once with one of my hens. She got better though. It isn’t always possible but often it is and you’re doing a lot for her. I hope she improves soon🙏. It can take time.

If her crop is full she isn’t going to want to eat.

Last edited:
I took this off of a similar thread
FC33AE88-F9F9-44C5-BBE8-1BD0E7DA6A23.png

That is actually what healed my hen who was sick with impacted crop for two weeks. It’s really scary to give through eye dropper though. I ended up tube feeding it to her because I was afraid I was going to get it down her lungs.

If you do it just take your time and be sure to let her swallow. Just give a drop at the side at a time and let her swallow. The video points out that she only fills the eye dropper with a small amount at a time so she won’t accidentally give too much at once.

I’m so sorry, I know it’s hard. I went through it for a few weeks once with one of my hens. She got better though. It isn’t always possible but often it is and you’re doing a lot for her. I hope she improves soon🙏. It can take time.

If her crop is full she isn’t going to want to eat.
thank you, she’s an awesome hen , I haven’t owned her too long , previous owners were moving and asked if I’d take their four older hens, I named her Nancy . She loves playing with my dog , it’s so funny. Actually sent a video of them to Americas funniest home videos!! I honestly don’t think I’ve ever gotten an egg from her, she’s just funny. My heart is breaking knowing she’s probably hungry 🥲
should I just continue the coconut oil?

Back
Top Bottom